Apollo 13: What did the crew see when they looked out the window?

  • Thread starter Thread starter DennisN
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Apollo Images
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 1K views
DennisN
Gold Member
Messages
2,197
Reaction score
10,329
Nice photos here:

Apollo 13: Enhanced images reveal life on stricken spacecraft (BBC, 13 april 2020)
http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-52264743

Amazing to see these photos, particularly since it became such a dangerous mission due to the accident, or maybe I should say "problem". :smile:

One photo:

_111766160_swigertlovelllmwideangle.jpg
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: berkeman, Ibix and DrGreg
Physics news on Phys.org
If you follow through to the NASA page there's an animation that fades back and forth between a preflight shot of the bay that exploded and an image the crew took out of the window, with a transcript of their situation report. I doubt I could be so cool staring at that mess when my life depends on it not being too much of a mess. The Right Stuff indeed.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: DennisN