Appearance of the lakes on Titan

  • Thread starter Thread starter Meatbot
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Titan
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 3K views
Meatbot
Messages
146
Reaction score
1
If you could be there to have a look, what would their color be? How transparent would they be? What would the waves be like in the lower gravity?
 
Astronomy news on Phys.org
Well, considering the lower gravity the waves would certainly be slower than here on earth.

You can keep this as sort of a general guideline: Everthing, which is driven by gravity, will happen slower with less gravity.
 
I think liquid ethane and methane are clear... and I guess they would reflect the dark red sky of Titan.

I remember reading a Kim Stanley Robinson novel (The Memory of Whiteness?) which had a part about people surfing the waves on a methane lake on an asteroid.