1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Applying for English Universities

1. Apr 5, 2008 #1
    Right now im thinking of applying to a university in England, but it is really difficult to obtain any information about how to apply here in Sweden. I have checked out Cambridges website, but it really doesnt make much sense their either. Because of the lack of information, I missed the deadline for applying this year, so I will probably study pure math for a year in Sweden and then start a full program in physics, hopefully in England. So does anyone have any tips on where I should start, ie what information I should have, who I should contact etc.?
    Any help would be appreciated!
  2. jcsd
  3. Apr 5, 2008 #2

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

Did you write to any of the Universities asking for deadlines, application forms, etc.?
  4. Apr 5, 2008 #3
    No i didnt, so I guess I have myself to blame, but since the deadlines for Swedish Universities are much later, I just didnt think of that in time. I kind of assumed that my school would give at least some information on these kinds of important things long time before the deadlines.
    I think the websites are just a mess, they feel like a labyrinth and I cant really find any usable information, so well emailing them is probably the only choice I have left.
  5. Apr 5, 2008 #4
    Admission to UK universities occurs through a system called UCAS. This is basically a system that collates your data gives you options over which universities you want to apply for, the maximum being six, and the courses you want to take. UCAS then forwards your details to the universities who then decide whether to give you offers. More information about studying in the UK for international students can be found here..

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?