Are Fujifilm Disposable Cameras Good for Resolution and Color Quality?

  • Thread starter Thread starter leroyjenkens
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Camera
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
9 replies · 22K views
leroyjenkens
Messages
621
Reaction score
49
Ok, I just got a camera and I haven't used one in like 20 years.
I got a fujifilm flash. It was 5$. And I think it's a disposable camera.

On the top of the box it says 27 Exp./Poses. Does that mean that's how many pictures I can take with this thing? That's the only number I see on the entire box that could be the # of pictures.

It says 400 speed film on the back. I have no idea what that means. This box seems to limit the information to reserve room for the 2 other language translations of said limited information.

I heard you can get digital copies of the pictures when I take it back to the store for development. Is that true with disposable cameras?

Has anyone used a Fujifilm flash before? Is it any good as far as resolution and color and stuff like that?

Thanks.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
27 exposure means the number of snapshots you can take,
ASA 400 is a medium speed film for outdoor lighting, decent indoor lighting or flash.
ASA 200 would be a slower film meaning that more light has to enter the camera or for a longer time for a good exposure.
ASA 800 is a faster film and could be used in low lighting areas or of moving objects

you will have to ask your developer he if offers the digital service. Otherwise keep the negative and take it to some place that does.
Fuji is a popular brand.
 
256bits said:
27 exposure means the number of snapshots you can take,
ASA 400 is a medium speed film for outdoor lighting, decent indoor lighting or flash.
ASA 200 would be a slower film meaning that more light has to enter the camera or for a longer time for a good exposure.
ASA 800 is a faster film and could be used in low lighting areas or of moving objects

you will have to ask your developer he if offers the digital service. Otherwise keep the negative and take it to some place that does.
Fuji is a popular brand.
Or, once the pictures are developed, scan them into your computer as a digital file. Most printers, even dirt cheap ones have a scan function, just depends on the quality you want.
 
leroyjenkens said:
Ok, I just got a camera and I haven't used one in like 20 years.
I got a fujifilm flash. It was 5$. And I think it's a disposable camera.

On the top of the box it says 27 Exp./Poses. Does that mean that's how many pictures I can take with this thing? That's the only number I see on the entire box that could be the # of pictures.

It says 400 speed film on the back. I have no idea what that means. This box seems to limit the information to reserve room for the 2 other language translations of said limited information.

I heard you can get digital copies of the pictures when I take it back to the store for development. Is that true with disposable cameras?

Has anyone used a Fujifilm flash before? Is it any good as far as resolution and color and stuff like that?

Thanks.

The lens in the disposable cameras is usually a wide angle. They are OK indoors, but outside they are not very good for pictures of anything in the distance.
 
Evo said:
Or, once the pictures are developed, scan them into your computer as a digital file. Most printers, even dirt cheap ones have a scan function, just depends on the quality you want.

Not every scanner will be able to scan negatives.

Unless by "developed pictures" you mean prints, not just a developed negative?
 
One cheap digital camera is worth 4.8 x 1027 disposable 35mm cameras.
 
Borek said:
Not every scanner will be able to scan negatives.

Unless by "developed pictures" you mean prints, not just a developed negative?
Thanks for clarifying, yes, I meant prints.
 
It looks like the Fujifilm Quicksnap Flash has been discontinued, but it's probably similar to the current Quicksnap Superia:

http://www.fujifilm.com/products/quicksnap/lineup/superia/

It looks like it contains a standard 35mm film cartridge, so any place that processes Fujifilm should be able to handle it. As edward notes, Walgreens can process them and put them in digital format on a CD for you. I remember doing this once or twice with normal 35mm Kodak film at CVS years ago when I still used film, and I suspect they probably still do it. Also check Wal-Mart.
 
leroyjenkens said:
<snip>
Has anyone used a Fujifilm flash before? Is it any good as far as resolution and color and stuff like that?

Thanks.

I use about 5-10 of these per year. For what they cost, they work extremely well- no complaints.