Are Horror Movie Characters Doomed by Bad Writing or Their Own Panic?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Moridin
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Movies
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 2K views
Moridin
Messages
694
Reaction score
3
Are they just not that bright to begin with, or is their panic making them loose all sense of rationality so they cannot spot the easiest things? I honestly can't tell.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Well I'm not sure how rational you can get if you had a guy wearing a hockey mask wielding a chainsaw walking towards you to kill you.

But yeah, would I don't think horror movies would be interesting if there weren't dummies for the killer to play with.
 
I was watching Saw II and the protagonist enters room where he is given another challenge where he is suppose to rescue a man from a silo that was beginning to be filled with chopped pig. But the protagonist just stands there and waits for no apparent reason instead of running to get the key.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_traps_in_the_Saw_film_series#Pig_vat
 
Last edited by a moderator:
It's the bad writing monster. It will attack just about any film but seems to have a preference for horror movies and porno.
 
TheStatutoryApe said:
It's the bad writing monster. It will attack just about any film but seems to have a preference for horror movies and porno.

Don't forget sci fi.