Are Morin's Problems and Solutions in Introductory Mechanics meant to be difficult?

  • Thread starter Thread starter aspodkfpo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Book Morin
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
aspodkfpo
Messages
148
Reaction score
5
Homework Statement:: n/a
Relevant Equations:: n/a

I have been going through the baby version of the Morin Intro to Classical Mech book, "Problems and solutions in introductory mechanics." Each question, even some/quite a lot of multiple choice, is making me think upwards of 5 minutes and reconsider whether I know what I think I know. Was wondering whether this book is meant to actually be difficult, and whether there is any way for me to solve these introductory mechanics questions faster, or if I am going fine.

Morin states on his website that these questions are like one/two star questions in his 2008 Intro to Classical Mech red book.
 
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
aspodkfpo said:
Homework Statement:: n/a
Relevant Equations:: n/a

I have been going through the baby version of the Morin Intro to Classical Mech book, "Problems and solutions in introductory mechanics." Each question, even some/quite a lot of multiple choice, is making me think upwards of 5 minutes and reconsider whether I know what I think I know. Was wondering whether this book is meant to actually be difficult, and whether there is any way for me to solve these introductory mechanics questions faster, or if I am going fine.

Morin states on his website that these questions are like one/two star questions in his 2008 Intro to Classical Mech red book.
If you post a couple with your solutions others may be able to help you find quicker ways.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: etotheipi