Are physicists/physics lovers also cat lovers?

• Thread starter dst
  • Start date

If you're a physicist -

• I own a cat/prefer them over all

Votes: 30 69.8%
  • I cant stand cats

Votes: 13 30.2%

• Total voters
dst

Main Question or Discussion Point

Vote!:smile:

Answers and Replies

dst
There is an air of feline dominance about PF. It's triggering my e-hair allergy.

Grilled, then baked.

I love both but I have a dog at the moment, Schrödinger's Cat died. :frown:

It wasn't in a freak atomic decay accident either.

No one ever puts a either option on these polls, it's like it's physically impossible to like them both equally. Dog or cat, yin and yang, up or down. :smile:

Last edited:
I was in love with a cat for a while, but our relationship turned out to be a failure. Since then, I prefer rabbits, they are better listeners. Also probably because I have a better digestion of carrots than mice.

I hate cats.

physicists need much time to read and discuss. they need pets which can take care of themselves. cats often do. it looks logical they like cats :wink:

Gokul43201
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Not crazy for cats...or any pets, really.

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I'm not allowed to vote because I'm not a physicist? :frown: Might have helped to compare the physicists to non-physicists if you really wanted to see if there was a preferential bias toward cat-lovership among physicists or just that they are the same as the rest of the population.

I don't like cats. Dogs all the way!

Mk
I don't like things that cost a lot of money to live with and can't communicate very well.

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
For practical reason we are down to cats only, but we have had dogs, goats, sheep, a horse, and a rabbit. We love all animals.

Oh yes, as for animals that come to visit in the house or office: Skunks, and a coon. Have a nutria living in the creek too. And of course we have the deer and the turkeys.
http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/8550/skunk2vo3.jpg [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I don't like things that cost a lot of money to live with and can't communicate very well.
So no children either?

dst
No car either?

dst
I'm not allowed to vote because I'm not a physicist? :frown: Might have helped to compare the physicists to non-physicists if you really wanted to see if there was a preferential bias toward cat-lovership among physicists or just that they are the same as the rest of the population.
I was going to have 4 options but I couldn't do it without making it look cheesy.

Just vote for Athe's sake, if you're on this forum then chances are you like physics.

Evo
Mentor
For practical reason we are down to cats only, but we have had dogs, goats, sheep, a horse, and a rabbit. We love all animals.

Oh yes, as for animals that come to visit in the house or office: Skunks, and a coon. Have a nutria living in the creek too. And of course we have the deer and the turkeys.
http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/8550/skunk2vo3.jpg [Broken]
No[/URL] antelope?

Please post the jumping goats again! PLEASE???

Danger
Gold Member
To me, dogs are like Yankees; as a species, they suck, but it's rarely that I meet an individual that I don't like. I just don't want one living with me.
I love cats, but I would also like a pet skunk just for the 'scaring away Jehovah's Witnesses' aspect. :devil:
Like Moonbear, I couldn't actually vote because I'm not a physicist.

edit: Ok, Dst... given your response to Moonbear, I've cast my vote.

Last edited:
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
No antelope?
No, but from time to time we have a huge bull!

Please post the jumping goats again! PLEASE???
:biggrin: We loved having the goats. They were fun. In the bottom shot the babies were only a few minutes old.

http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/9841/babygoatsfl1.jpg [Broken]

Danger
Gold Member
What the hell is that top photo, Ivan? Bun trying to commit suicide?

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
What the hell is that top photo, Ivan? Bun trying to commit suicide?
Heck no, that's Spud having a blast. I built the dog/goat house so that the animals could lay on top. Spud and Tater loved to run to the top, leap off, and then run around for another leap, endlessly!

I'm a physicist, and the only time I like cats is for breakfast.

I hate cats, but i took the first choice

marlon

Neither am I technically, I'm still a student. Mind you I couldn't vote anyway.

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
http://www.ananova.com/images/web/1299329.jpg [Broken]
http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_2809392.html [Broken]