Are quantum number sets (6,4,-4), (1,0,-1), and (4,1,1) valid?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 5K views
lorka150
Messages
38
Reaction score
0
I have a chart and I have to say if any of the sets are not valid:

------------------------
_____n__l__ml
Set 1: 6 4 -4
Set 2: 1 0 -1
Set 3: 4 1 1

-----------------------
and my choices are:
a) set 1 only
b) set 2 only
c) set 3 only
d) all sets are valid
e) no sets are valid

I chose b, because it set 2 is not valid, and I know that a IS valid (so that would be the only choice).

I am not positive if this is correct. but i think so? thank you.
 
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
I went over them with the table, and it looks like Set 2 is the only one that is not valid.