Are there government grants available for on-campus housing for students?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
leroyjenkens
Messages
621
Reaction score
49
I was wondering if there was any grant that helped pay for on campus housing. I filed my FAFSA with the intent of living off campus with my friend, but that fell through. So I decided to live on campus, and the rent will be taken out of my FAFSA. But with the current award I got from FAFSA, it would only pay like half the rent, which would leave me none for classes, and I'd still have to pay the other half out of my own pocket.
Is there a grant that helps students pay for on campus housing? Cause I really need something like that. Would the amount FAFSA awards me be greater if I had said I was going to live on campus?

Thanks.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Anyone here who has lived on campus and knows if there's any grants that help you pay for housing?

Thanks.
 
Well I asked my school if they know anything about it and they said they have a school based grant, which is very limited, and has already been assigned to everyone. I asked if they know of a government based grant to help students pay for housing on campus, but they haven't responded yet.
Anyone here know?