1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Would there be any grants available for a CS undergrad?

1. Aug 29, 2008 #1
    I've been looking on the net and can't seem to find any. Do any of you know about possible grants?
  2. jcsd
  3. Aug 29, 2008 #2

Homework Helper

What kind of grants? Tuition grants? This should differ greatly by country, state and region. You're asking too general a question.
  4. Aug 30, 2008 #3

Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

Most universities have some kind of a student awards office. Every student should seek out this office and take the time to read through the awards and scholarships they may qualify for.

There's a notion that floats around that applying for admission also constitutes applying for ALL available scholarships, which is simply not true. There are many scholarships, which are often school-specific that have been set out as memorial awards, or wealthy alumni contributions, class gifts, corporate awards, etc. Quite often they will be very specific such as "student in second year of a physics program with competative yo-yo experience and demonstrated financial need who writes a 500 words essay on poultry." You need to apply for these awards to qualify and sadly, many of these funds can go unawarded due to a lack of applicants.
  5. Aug 31, 2008 #4
    Go to your financial aid department. I get plenty of grants, and I am a "B student". All I had to do was file for financial aid.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?