Are You Enjoying the Tornado Show in the SE States?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rach3
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Weather
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
17 replies · 3K views
Rach3
Who else is watching the tornados waltz by in the SE quadrant of the States? Over here we've had nice, mild weather up to now - light hail, supercells, lightning storms, minor flooding. Very relaxing. I'm going to find myself a snack.

Anyone else in this 13-state region - remember, the safest place to be during a tornado is outside of it. (Preferably in a basement)
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Well the lightning is pretty. :biggrin:

I'm looking at a local thunderstorm at the moment. Haven't seen much in the way of high winds - yet. But I think a few cells are headed this way.

We lucked out a few years ago when a microburst or supercell stopped a couple of hills away from us. About a 2 miles or less from our house a line of trees and houses was 'blasted', and the line was headed more or less in our direction.
 
I live in Atlanta, Ga and the weather has been pretty clear. I'm going up to Tennessee tommorow though, and I just heard there were some tornados today.
 
We had a thunderstorm this morning. I didn't get to see it; I was out at the farm in an indoor building, but just heard the thunder. Then we had a beautiful, warm, sunny afternoon, and it's back to pouring rain tonight.
 
January, february, march, and april showers better bring may flowers around here.
 
I got hit with a microburst supercell, baseball size hail, totaled all four of my cars and caused +$40k in damage to the house. Had to have the roof replaced.
 
Evo said:
I got hit with a microburst supercell, baseball size hail, totaled all four of my cars and caused +$40k in damage to the house. Had to have the roof replaced.



poor evo, do you want a hug?
 
Pengwuino said:
poor evo, do you want a hug?
Yes, YES, I do! Hug me pengwuino.
 
Evo said:
Yes, YES, I do! Hug me pengwuino.

He'll beak you if he tries.
 
Ivan Seeking said:
He'll beak you if he tries.
I've never been beaked before. That might not be a bad thing... :redface:
 
Evo said:
Yes, YES, I do! Hug me pengwuino.

:!) :!) :!) :!) :!) *hugs evo but pokes her in the arm with his beak*
 
Pengwuino said:
:!) :!) :!) :!) :!) *hugs evo but pokes her in the arm with his beak*
:!) :!) :!) :approve:

Nice to know at least one penguin around here is a gentleman!
 
Evo said:
I got hit with a microburst supercell, baseball size hail, totaled all four of my cars and caused +$40k in damage to the house. Had to have the roof replaced.
I assume you don't mean today, because that would be a pretty quick repair estimate and new roof! :eek:

FOUR cars?! I hope at least one of them was a junker you were trying to sell. :bugeye: It's only you and two daughters, right? So, at most, three drivers?
 
Jaguar, Mercedes, BMW, hmm what else would evo drive?...lexus?