Are you following the cricket world cup?

  • Thread starter Thread starter siddharth
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    world cup
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
72 replies · 13K views
The finals should hopefully be better than the aussies vs sa semi.

I think the rain has finally stopped. Should begin soon. Go Sri Lanka! After manu's amazing second half, anything is possible :biggrin:
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Still raining.

The smaller the number of overs in the match, the more it favours Australia.

I soooooooooooooo much want Sri Lanka to win.
 
George Jones said:
The smaller the number of overs in the match, the more it favours Australia.

True. Although, if jayasuriya gets going, they may have an advantage.

I soooooooooooooo much want Sri Lanka to win.

Me too, but those Australians look unbeatable. 98-0 in 16 overs

EDIT: Make that 104-0 in 16.1 :frown:

EDIT2 : Yeesh, that's 108-0 in 16.2
 
Last edited:
Wow. It's just a massacre now. It's like baseball. Stand and hit it all over the place. Gilchrist is playing an amazing innings.

The Australians are completely dominant. They've got to be the greatest cricket team of all time.
 
Are we going to see 300 scored in less than 40 overs for the first time?

Edit: Or the second time? I don't know the details of that 800+ runs match between Aus and SA.
 
siddharth said:
They've got to be the greatest cricket team of all time.

Duh! :rolleyes:

They would probably be up there with Windies team from a few decades ago.
 
Last edited:
Great catch from the captain! And there goes Hayden, who has been the dynamic half of the openers till now.
 
My god, Sri Lanka is being slaughtered out there. I hope this batting carnage sets up a thrilling chase though.
 
neutrino said:
Are we going to see 300 scored in less than 40 overs for the first time?

The way this is going, I think it's highly probable.

Could Gilchrist hit 200?

No. Jinxed him. Twas a fantastic innings.
 
Last edited:
Could this be the biggest, messiest mess in the history of the one-day cricket? Easily!
 
booooring... Can anyone beat Oz when it matters, seems not..