[ASK] Math Type in MS Word - Expressions Problematic

In summary, the individual is experiencing a problem with the Math Type 6.9 software on their computer. After working for extended periods of time, copied math expressions do not paste correctly into Microsoft Word and an error message sometimes appears. When the computer is restarted, the expressions in the file are randomly switched. The IT technician has attempted to reinstall the software, but the issue persists. The individual is seeking help from Microsoft's online support tool.
Monoxdifly
MHB
I have Math Type 6.9 in my computer and everyone of my coworkers has it but there's a problem with mine. Sometimes when I've been working for hours, the math expression I copied from Math Type couldn't get pasted to Microsoft Word (I tried the Save option via Math Type plugin too, and when the problem occurred the expression simply didn't appear). After that, usually I closed the file and reopen it, but often there was an error message saying there's an unexplained error. The computer then needs to be restarted, but when I open the file and clicked the expression, the Math Type showed another expression I wrote somewhere, sometimes even from another file! For example, I wrote a limit expression. After the problem occurred and I restarted my computer, when I clicked the limit expression, the Math Type showed a fraction I wrote in another place instead. All Math Type expressions in the file seemed to be switched randomly. The IT technician has tried to reinstall both Microsoft Word and Math Type in my computer, but the same problem still occurs. Can somebody here tell me what's wrong and how to fix it?

Physics news on Phys.org
Microsoft offers an online help/chat tool. Did you try it? It's https://www.justanswer.com/sip/microsoft?r=ppc|ga|26|US%20-%20Tech%20-%20Microsoft%20-%20Google%20-%20Alpha%20-%20Desktop%20-%20Broad|microsoft%20forums%20-%20Alpha%20-%20Desktop%20-%20Broad&JPKW=microsoft%20forums&JPDC=S&JPST=&JPAD=243966213804&JPMT=b&JPNW=g&JPAF=txt&JPCD=20180104&JPRC=1&JCLT=Microsoft%20Forums%20Support&JPOP=AES_Tech_ControlUpdt&cmpid=908751259&agid=46463208678&fiid=&tgtid=kwd-17374466&ntw=g&dvc=c&gclid=Cj0KCQiAwp_UBRD7ARIsAMie3XYab8oH3DM44HRuKh733NwqENT7_ViWkJY3Jy35qMtMlYE5EO9vjuoaAiuxEALw_wcB.

What is Math Type in MS Word?

Math Type is a software tool that allows users to create and edit mathematical equations and expressions in Microsoft Word documents.

How do I access Math Type in MS Word?

To access Math Type in MS Word, first make sure you have the software installed. Then, click on the "Insert" tab in the toolbar and select "Equation". A Math Type window will open where you can create and edit equations.

What kind of equations can I create with Math Type?

Math Type allows you to create a wide range of mathematical equations and expressions, including fractions, exponents, integrals, and more. It also supports various mathematical symbols and special characters.

Can I use Math Type with other programs besides MS Word?

Yes, Math Type can also be used with other programs such as PowerPoint, Excel, Google Docs, and more. It is a versatile tool that can be integrated with various software applications.

Are there any common issues or problems with using Math Type in MS Word?

One common issue with Math Type in MS Word is that equations may appear distorted or not properly aligned when the document is shared with someone who does not have the software installed. To avoid this, you can convert your equations into images before sharing the document.