Assume that a microwave oven operates at a frequency of 1.00 * 10^11

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 4K views
tica86
Messages
79
Reaction score
0
Assume that a microwave oven operates at a frequency of 1.00 * 10^11 s^-1

a)what is the wavelength of this radiation in nm?

my attempt:
wavelength=c/v so 3.00 * 10 ^8/1.00 * 10^11 s^-1= 3 * 10^19m
I would have to convert to nm correct?
so 3 * 10^19 (1 * 10^-9)= 3 * 10^10 nm??

I know it's supposed to be 3 * 10^28 nm, what am I doing wrong??
 
Physics news on Phys.org


tica86 said:
Assume that a microwave oven operates at a frequency of 1.00 * 10^11 s^-1

a)what is the wavelength of this radiation in nm?

my attempt:
wavelength=c/v so 3.00 * 10 ^8/1.00 * 10^11 s^-1= 3 * 10^19m
Try doing that calculation again, it looks like you did not divide the numbers properly.
I would have to convert to nm correct?
Yes.
I know it's supposed to be 3 * 10^28 nm, what am I doing wrong??
That answer is incorrect as well.
 


tica86 said:
wavelength=c/v so 3.00 * 10 ^8/1.00 * 10^11 s^-1= 3 * 10^19m
Is your calculation correct ?

tica86 said:
I know it's supposed to be 3 * 10^28 nm, what am I doing wrong??
Please check again.
 


Rajini said:
Is your calculation correct ?


Please check again.

3 * 10^-3? m