1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Schools Astronomy and Astrophysics at University of Toronto; Admission requirements?

1. Dec 19, 2011 #1
    I am interested in the Astronomy and Astrophysics program at the University of Toronto. How well does one need to do in high-school to get into the program? What are the required courses and what marks would be advantageous?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 19, 2011 #2

micromass

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

4. Dec 19, 2011 #3
    LOL. I've tried that and it is of no help. That is why I am asking on this forum.

5. Dec 19, 2011 #4

Vanadium 50

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

If you go to the Department of Astronomy and Astrophysics web page, and click on "Undergraduate", then click on "Information for prospective UofT students", then click on "High School Students" right under the heading "Information For", it will take you to a page that says:

"Are you a high school student considering applying to Arts and Science?

Check out these pages for all the information you need about admission requirements and the application process."

If you click there, you can click on the right hand column for information depending on whether you come from Ontario, other provinces, the US, Britain, etc. It has an attached PDF file that describes what requirements are required in addition to English. (e.g. Physics and Calculus)

This took me less than three minutes to find. If you couldn't find this yourself, even with prodding, I think you will have difficulty in college. College requires both a certain degree of self-sufficiency and a certain facility with finding information.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook