Atoms, Molecules and Photons: An Introduction by Wolfgang Demtröder

For those who have used this book

  • Strongly Recommend

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lightly Recommend

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lightly don't Recommend

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Strongly don't Recommend

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    0
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 4K views
Physics news on Phys.org
I'm tempted to use this textbook for an elective course in atomic and molecular physics. It is not really an "advanced" undergraduate course, and the students usually have only taken basic QM before. I am weary of the fact that it is part of Springer's Graduate Texts in Physics. Looking at the book, it appears to me to be accessible, but I would like some input from anybody who has used this book: what do you think the level of this book is? If you have used it for a course, what did the students think of the book?

(Note: Since the words Graduate Texts in Physics appear on the cover, I may have difficulty convincing the powers that be that it is an acceptable textbook. And it may frighten a few students...)