1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Schools BAM! Finally got my final grade in University Physics I

1. May 12, 2008 #1
    BAM! Finally got my final grade in "University Physics I"

My Cal 3 grade was up pretty quickly after the final. I got an A in that. But the PHYS 2425 Mechanics and Heat or "University Physics I" took almost a week after the final. I got an A in that, too. :smile: It was my first physics course since high school in 2002. I'm very glad.

2. jcsd
  3. May 12, 2008 #2
    An "A" ? that wont cut it in this biz, sorry kid

All great physicists fail university physics I because they disagree with the teacher and their off-beat answers aren't what he's looking for

4. May 12, 2008 #3

Defennder

Homework Helper

Was the sarcasm really necessary?

5. May 12, 2008 #4
    In any case, good job :)

6. May 12, 2008 #5
    I was kidding

Good job shackleford

7. May 12, 2008 #6
    Thanks. I'm just glad I got off to a good start with my physics courses.

8. May 12, 2008 #7
    I think we're all just a little bitter because we didn't get into Harvard due to our B-minuses in Physics 101.

So good on you, buckaroo.

9. May 13, 2008 #8
    Congratz :).

10. May 13, 2008 #9
    Don't you mean high school physics?

Since anyone who does well in high school physics will surely be too burnt out to do creative work in the future...

But there are exceptions to everything, so go out and celebrate those A grades!

11. May 13, 2008 #10
    Well, apparently Einstein had just average grades in university.

12. May 13, 2008 #11

Defennder

Homework Helper

Did he? Any source for that?

13. May 13, 2008 #12

stewartcs

Science Advisor

14. May 13, 2008 #13

Defennder

Homework Helper

That says nothing about his university grades.

15. May 13, 2008 #14
    Good work Shackleford, congrats on getting the A's. I will be taking Intro. Physics over the summer so hopefully I can get A's as well. My classes start today but I have already been reading and doing problems on my own so hopefully I am prepared just a bit. (Although Physics is probably not going to be a degree I will pursue).

i was just wondering, if I do really well in Physics and somewhat well in Calc, could I possibly think of studying or taking some Biophysical courses at my university?

Thanks.

16. May 13, 2008 #15
  17. May 13, 2008 #16
    hmm a 4.91/6.00 - well it still did not affect his ability to provide the world with one of the most important and famous theories of all time.

18. May 13, 2008 #17
    I guess that's comparable to a 3.2 GPA, which isn't bad.

19. May 13, 2008 #18
    A 3.2 isn't so bad by today's standards. Now, I don't know about pre-war Germany but I've had some old Soviet teachers who were convinced that a C is the average grade, a B is a very good grade, and you had to make an original contribution to science for that A. If Al's profs were of that sort, maybe a 4.91/6.00 is damn good. I think teachers today hand out A grades like candy because otherwise all the wannabe pre-meds who really can't hack math and science whine and complain. =(

20. May 13, 2008 #19
    I've always been under the impression that C is average, and, of course, A and B above average.

21. May 13, 2008 #20
    I don't know why people wish for high marks but don't get them!
    I understand some people don't wish for them so don't get them .. but what about other people?
    It's not hard to get like A .. you work, you get it!
    but still, not all people get A somehow :rolleyes:
    (even people who *seem* to work really really hard)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?