Is the bottom part of a banana poisonous?

  • Topic: Medical 
  • Thread starter Thread starter gracy
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 22K views
gracy
Messages
2,486
Reaction score
83
I am not sure whether it's right place to ask it,but anyways.
Actually I have heard that bottom most part of banana is poisonous.There is an image confirming this
which I have attached here.I am really worried ,my mother said she used to eat this so called"poisonous part"It is just a myth.
poisonous part.jpg

What you experts think?
 
Biology news on Phys.org
I haven't heard of this before and the description 'absolute poison' in that image implies there to be something present in a banana which is harmful in the extreme to the extent of being lethal.
If that was the case I am sure that supermarkets and other retailers would be placing large red warning signs wherever bananas are sold,
and news reports of banana fatalities and even banana suicide would be common.
 
gracy said:
I am not sure whether it's right place to ask it,but anyways.
Actually I have heard that bottom most part of banana is poisonous.There is an image confirming this
which I have attached here.I am really worried ,my mother said she used to eat this so called"poisonous part"It is just a myth.
View attachment 85281
What you experts think?
No it is not poisonous.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: gracy