Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Band Gap of Semiconductor Materials

1. Dec 2, 2014 #1
    Hi Guys, i need your help, where can i download free articles about the band gap of semiconductor materials (like copper (II) oxide). don't mention sciencedirect and arxiv, because i already explore that, and they provide limited research articles. thank you.

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 2, 2014 #2

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

I don't understand. Do you just need to know the value of the band gap of various materials? Or do you need more than that? "about the band gap" is rather vague since you did not describe what characteristics of the band gap that you are actually looking for. Do you want to know the band structure as well?

Tables on band gap values for various material can be found all over the web, such as here:
    http://www.nist.gov/data/PDFfiles/jpcrd22.pdf [Broken]

Zz.

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2017
  4. Dec 2, 2014 #3
    thank you ZapperZ, i'm actually looking more than the Energy gap value, to be specific i want to know, the type of band gap, the posssible, n-dopant, and p-dopant of that semicon materials, and also their respective application. thanks :)

5. Dec 2, 2014 #4

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

What do you mean by "type of band gap"? Do you mean as in direct or indirect?

As for the doping effect, you will need to be specific. That's like asking how many different compounds are there already in this world. No place in this world has ALL of them in a single, compact location (unless you consider the CRC handbook as "compact").

The document I linked to has the info on several copper oxide band gap that you asked for. You have explored the references given for each those compounds to see if they have the info that you need?

Zz.

6. Dec 2, 2014 #5
    yes you're right about the types of band gap. about the doping, for example i have copper (II) oxide semiconductor, what are the possible n-dopant and p-dopant elements/compound that can be doped in copper (II) oxide? i need at least 5 elements/compound.

7. Dec 2, 2014 #6

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

OK, at least this is a bit more specific and not as vague. You should have started off with this right away rather than asking a rather generic question.

This is then too specialized, and I'm surprised that you can't find published papers on such info. Have you tried looking for them in the references given as a starting point? Have you tried Google Scholar?

Zz.

8. Dec 2, 2014 #7
    ok. i consider that, what else sir? do you have soft-copies or e-books? thanks :)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook