I collect branded goods and came across this old Energiser battery which had been left at one of those communal recycle collection points in our local supermarket, what a find, it's the old ones that I remember from my childhood and labelled as "Made in Britain" (my God, that must have been some time ago!). Anyway, I managed to peel off the outer logo to discard the batter as it had been foaming and wanted to know how to treat it so that it wouldn't dissolve over time. I know to keep it in an air tight container and out of direct sunlight, but I'd like to counter the effect of the Alkaline from the broken battery. I suppose the first step would be to test this, perhaps using this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/100-STRIP...t=UK_Health_HealthCare_RL&hash=item3f27a345f8 Then make a solution from ..lemon? and dilute it as necessary... apply it with a cotton bud and wash it with water and it should be okay, yes?