Bearing reactions on spinning rotor in rotating space vehicle

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
mpm
Messages
82
Reaction score
0
Gyro Rotor Question. Can't figure it out! Need help tonight if possible!

I am taking a dynamics class which is reallly difficult. I've been able to solve all of the problems but this one. Can anyone help me by tonight?

A rotor mounted in bearings spins about a horizontal axis as shown. The assembly is rigidly attached to a space vehicle. At an instant of interest the space vehicle undergoes a slow rotation about a vertical axis. Determine the bearing reactions at A and B (specify magnitude and direction). WHat is the moment exerted on the space vehicle by the rotor assembly? Assume any needed physical properties are given. There is no gravity.

The vertical axis is spinning counter clockwise while the horizontal axis where the rotor is at spins counter clockwise as well.

It looks similar to this

l
X----()-----X
l

The parenthesis are the rotor and the x is where the reactions will be.

Can anyone help?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Well I think I figured it out. I would still like to see ways people solve it if anyone knows how. Thanks.
 


Hi there,

I understand that you are struggling with a dynamics problem involving a gyro rotor and need help by tonight. I am not an expert in this field, but I can offer some advice that may be helpful.

First, try breaking down the problem into smaller parts and identifying what information is given and what is unknown. This will help you organize your thoughts and approach the problem in a more systematic way.

Additionally, try reaching out to classmates, your professor, or a tutor for assistance. Sometimes discussing the problem with others can provide new insights and help you understand the concepts better.

If all else fails, don't be afraid to ask for an extension or seek additional resources to help you understand the material. Remember, it's important to understand the concepts rather than just getting the correct answer on one problem.

I wish you the best of luck and hope you are able to figure out the problem by tonight. Don't give up, and keep pushing through!