Could this large beetle be a member of the Beatles?

• Thread starter Einshteinlover
  • Start date
In summary, the beetle does not seem to care for sugar, vegetables, or starchy foods. It prefers specific live vegetation.
Einshteinlover
Hey everybody,

I usually post in the physics section, but I'm a little puzzled about some recent encounters I've had with large beatles. I was in the basement yesterday and noticed a large reddish/blackish beetle crawling along the wall at a high velocity. I tried to lure the beetle into a corner with some food; a kind of simple experiment. I put a pile of sugar in one corner as the control, a pile of leaves in the other, some starchy foods in the third and some vegetables in the other corner. To my surprise, the beetle didn't show any preference and instead stayed on the wall. I've heard these bugs called wall beetles before but I'm not quite sure, could anyone help me identify this bug? I'm attaching a picture

IMG_20141014_202101771.png

E.

Biology news on Phys.org
That's not a terribly informative picture. Many insects prefer specific live vegetation to anything in your cupboards.

No fair using the "Beatle" spelling as clickbait. Your beetle doesn't care too much for sugar, veggies can't buy you love.

Could be a picture of the back of Ringo's head.

Likes epenguin
Pythagorean said:
That's not a terribly informative picture.
I google-matched it to this beatle:

blackishreddishbeatle_zpsca117715.jpg

It does seem to prefer specific live vegetation.

Likes David Carroll and Pythagorean
They also have some kind of symbiotic relationship with pit bulls and welfare recipients.

SteamKing said:
Could be a picture of the back of Ringo's head.

At Abbey Road, in the city of Mcartney...

"Wrong Steam King, your complex Harrison theory is void, like the Earth rotating the Sun, bullocks I say you rich man with differing ideas! Thou is not a relation to the quantum headprint of the Ringo Star, such lust you have! After seconds of concentrated research and testing, creating a wooden paddle harnessed with air, I've come to believe, nay, I say on the nine divines... this is John Linens fingerprint, former clothe sewer of the holy ones, known none other than the Beetles! I feel as though a void this day in the life has been filled like sweet strawberry wine from the fields in my goblet, the search is over brothers, across the universe, thou can now rest...With a little help from my friends, let us rejoice! For we no longer live in fear of the great unknown, here comes the sun to shine away the dark ages!" The King violenty replied, "Dissagreement with the majority that is King, what sinister vermin!" "But I have proof!" said Roy "Yes, that your a sinner you jude!" screamed the King. "Condemn brother Roy to cut down the tallest tree in the Norwegian Woods, with a walrus tusk, singing Yoko Ono till he dies!"

Last known words...
"Take me away god, lift my rubber soul from this cruel world!" "My wife, Lucy, I wish I could see your diamond eyes, perhaps from Heaven above you shall see me with pity, for I must pay for my satanic science, over this bridge with troubled waters, to be burned and eaten by beatles...son Eleanor, please make not my mistakes, but weep... like a violin." "Ideas lead to a long and winding road to death, believe their sick spherical world, survive, I love you and she loves you." - Roy G. Biv, Feb 7, 1664 A.D. "The Colorful Moments "In My Life" IV"

Pfft, see above dude. "Penny Lane" confirmed the Kings theories were all totally wrong, I'm majoring in history after all. Roy started a "revolution" in the theory of science, you have to see how it "comes together" to comprehend it. What are you going to say next? That it's the star Beatleguese? You painted a submarine yellow and fed an octopus in a garden "yesterday"? That's "something" ridiculous that makes me want to "twist and shout", but I'm just not that kinda guy. "Imagine" the consequences if crackpots theories like this were true. Anyway, I'm going to hit the rack people, it's been a "hard days night" and I feel like a "paperback writer."

Last edited:

What is the "Beatle question"?

The "Beatle question" refers to a question that is commonly asked about the iconic British band, The Beatles.

Who were the members of The Beatles?

The Beatles were a rock band from Liverpool, England, consisting of John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison, and Ringo Starr.

What are some of The Beatles' most popular songs?

Some of The Beatles' most popular songs include "Hey Jude," "Let It Be," "Yesterday," "Come Together," and "Here Comes the Sun."

When did The Beatles break up?

The Beatles officially broke up in 1970, but their last public performance was in 1969.

What is the impact of The Beatles on music and popular culture?

The Beatles are widely regarded as one of the most influential and successful bands in music history. They revolutionized the music industry and continue to inspire countless artists and fans around the world.