Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Beckham? Nah. I'm cheering for the Dynamos

1. Nov 20, 2011 #1

D H

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

Then again I'm from Houston.

Is anyone else watching? Are my hopes for a Dynamos victory in vain?

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 20, 2011 #2

D H

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

No US soccer fans here apparently! The Dynamos dodged several bullets in the first half, but it still 0-0. We are sorely missing Davis.

4. Nov 20, 2011 #3

AlephZero

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Hmm... my only "interest" in Beckham is that one of my engineering colleagues is his cousin. Yes, really. There's a slight physical resemblance, but their IQs are rather different. And his opinion of Posh Spice is ... well, to avoid libel laws, let's just say it's not very high.

5. Nov 20, 2011 #4
    I told myself I was going to watch it, but turns out I am not.

6. Nov 20, 2011 #5

D H

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

Oh well. Kinda expected that result.

7. Nov 21, 2011 #6
    Somehow soccer doesn't appeals to me, its not American kind of sport. Its a gentlemen's game and i would be great happy if it is restricted to those only. American love playing hard hitting and rough tough games. I wouldn't watch football or ice hockey or basketball or baseball without the fights.

8. Nov 21, 2011 #7

AlephZero

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

No, most Americans love watching other people playing hard hitting and rough tough games.

UK soccer fans enjoy fights too, except they do the fighting themselves, usually outside of the stadium.

9. Nov 21, 2011 #8
    Did you just call baseball a hard hitting and rough tough game? :rolleyes:

Soccer is a great game. People in America generally dont like it because they do not understand it. If you think soccer has no contact you are crazy... Watch any high level game and pay attention to the shirt grabbing and tugging done when a striker is running side by side to a defender.

The game last night was pretty good. Fitting that Donovan got the only goal and Beckham got the title in his "last" MLS game. I am hoping that the sport gains in popularity in the US. A premier soccer league here would be awesome.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook