How difficult is it to get a job as an astrophysics researcher or teacher?

  • Topic: Job Skills 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Fuscopr
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Astrophysics Career
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
Fuscopr
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hi there, I'm from Brazil and I'd like to ask you guys: is it too dificult get a job as astrophysics researcher/teacher? I'm moving out of my country to study astrophysics in europe, so I'm going to do it no matter the answers since I love this field of study. But I just wanted to know how big of a climb I have in front of me. Thanks to everyone who answer to this ( I had to ask since all the topics on the matter were old ).
 
Physics news on Phys.org
It's kind of like being an actor, musician, or sporting professional... a lot of very talented people will be competing with you for a limited number of jobs. It isn't hard to get an interesting postdoc or two, make making a secure, long term living at it is hard. People do it, but it's hard. Most people end up doing something else eventually.