Best Avatar: Who Has PF's Greatest?

• Thread starter JamesU
  • Start date
In summary, Danger's avatar is the ugliest. There are many great avatars and it is hard to choose a favorite.
yomamma said:
zoobyshoe needs a very hairy person to be his avatar...I say astronuc!
Hey, there's an idea! I'll be Astronuc for Hallowe'en next year!

Physics news on Phys.org
it looks like you've already done it...

zoobyshoe said:
I see. Is supposed to be a werewolf or some specific character?
Nothing specific. I just start sculpting and keep going until I like what's there. I just make sure that it's something that allows me to drink and smoke, and wear my glasses over if I need to.

Math Is Hard said:
I mean are you going to display one of your own?
I have an idea for one but haven't set my mind to getting it made. It would be sort of a child-drawn picture of a smiling little boy standing there with one foot inside an adult's big shoe.

Danger said:
Hey, there's an idea! I'll be Astronuc for Hallowe'en next year!
I'm going to go as Pillowhead. :smile: The Cat-head costume requires wayyy too much glue!
zoob said:
I have an idea for one but haven't set my mind to getting it made. It would be sort of a child-drawn picture of a smiling little boy standing there with one foot inside an adult's big shoe.
I think that would be neat-o mosquito! :biggrin:

yomamma said:
it looks like you've already done it...
You know, if he reads that, you're cooked.

Math Is Hard said:
The Cat-head costume requires wayyy too much glue!
I'm having pains and you made me laugh...

Math Is Hard said:
I'm going to go as Pillowhead. :smile: The Cat-head costume requires wayyy too much glue!
Upon the few occassions that I've had a cat on my head, I've found them to be more than adequately self-sticking. :eek:

Danger said:
You know, if he reads that, you're cooked.
he can't touch me because this is virtul remember? unless he gets me at the shooting of PF: the movie

TheStatutoryApe said:
:blushing: I think I could live with that.
Great! Oooops, what shall I do about the mail-order husband that is on the way?!
Gale17 said:
...so long as we keep in mind that I've marked him as my territory.
If you need a speed-spout maybe Danger could tell you where to get one. :-p
Math Is Hard said:
I think your avatar is really clever, whozum. For the longest time I thought you didn't even have an avatar but then one day I realized it was a stereogram and you have to stare at it for at least 60 seconds to see it.
Still, I don't know why you chose a seahorse. :confused:
If you scroll up and down quickly LeBrad's avatar looks like he's moving his head side to side.

yomamma said:
he can't touch me because this is virtul remember? unless he gets me at the shooting of PF: the movie
Ye know not the power of the nucster, lad! He supercedes the boundaries of virtuality and reality.

Danger said:
Upon the few occassions that I've had a cat on my head, I've found them to be more than adequately self-sticking. :eek:
Sometimes this is true. After the Northridge earthquake of '94 I had to have a terrified cat surgically removed from my face.

Math Is Hard said:
You could try attaching yourself to the cat's head, and let the cat be the one in costume.
I think that would be neat-o mosquito! :biggrin:
Yeah, I think it might work. The main trouble with avatars I've noticed is they're so small. You have to find something that works at that scale: not too detailed or complex.

I guess we'll never know who has the greatest avatar.

but I vote for moonbear...

Math Is Hard said:
I had to have a terrified cat surgically removed from my face.
I'm sure you all know how I want to respond to that, but I think we've already exposed the kid to enough of that sort of talk.

SOS2008 said:
Great! Oooops, what shall I do about the mail-order husband that is on the way?!

oh, i can't think of a few things he still might be handy for... plus you could always share him with the rest of us...

hey though, with this talk of halloween... i think a pf costune contest'd be interesting. Dress up like your fave pfer... hmm... perhaps we can tie this into the movie being made... or the reality series.

i remember when i once had avatars. i used to change them all the time... man i miss those days. I'm going to subscribe to pf eventually... soon as i swipe my parents credit card... or... maybe i'll just convince warren to be super... or... maybe i'll convince someone else to pay for the premium membership thing... hmm...

Gale17 said:
i remember when i once had avatars. i used to change them all the time...
I went looking in the member photo thread for your old avatars after the pillowhead thread because pillowhead looks so different to me than the way I remember your avatars looking. I couldn't find the one I remember best. Might have been the first picture one you had.

I'm bored...

SOS said:
I think women should be allowed to have harems. :approve:

zoobyshoe said:
I went looking in the member photo thread for your old avatars after the pillowhead thread because pillowhead looks so different to me than the way I remember your avatars looking. I couldn't find the one I remember best. Might have been the first picture one you had.

ya, i had a few different avatars. most before there even was a member photo thread. which one are you remembering?? and ya... i tend to look very different in different photos... sorry...

Gale17 said:
ya, i had a few different avatars. most before there even was a member photo thread. which one are you remembering??
It's a bit hard to describe, but it looked as if you were sitting and bending down a bit to look into the camera. Smiling, too, if I remember right.
and ya... i tend to look very different in different photos... sorry...
Well...stop it!

Math Is Hard said:
...After the Northridge earthquake of '94 I had to have a terrified cat surgically removed from my face.
:smile: (Well it's funny now.)
Gale17 said:
oh, i can't think of a few things he still might be handy for...
TheStatutoryApe said:
I think women should be allowed to have harems. :approve:
I like you guys more and more. :devil: I doubt he will understand English or local customs very well...at least for awhile. :-p

SOS2008 said:
I like you guys more and more. :devil: I doubt he will understand English or local customs very well...at least for awhile. :-p
er..who? Your mail order hubby? I just stick with the inflatable ones. They're not much on conversation, but who needs all that chit-chat after a long day anyways? :wink:

Gale17 said:
so of course, my vote for best avatar is going to be Lebrad. but only cause he's so hot... i guess... i wouldn't mind... if the girls agree that he's a hottie... cause i mean, he is pretty damn sexy. so long as we keep in mind that I've marked him as my territory.
Are you sure he's available? He seemed to have the hots for Space Tiger! :biggrin:

Of course, I can't blame anyone for that. Space Tiger is a hottie. RRROWR! :!)

SOS2008 said:
I doubt he will understand English or local customs very well...at least for awhile. :-p
So that's why you ordered out! Poor guy won't know enough to report your treatment of him...

Math Is Hard said:
er..who? Your mail order hubby? I just stick with the inflatable ones. They're not much on conversation, but who needs all that chit-chat after a long day anyways? :wink:
You know I peeked into the thread killers thread and this is the sort of thing I see going on... :eek:

And even Moonbear was involved in it!

stop lurking!

TheStatutoryApe said:
You know I peeked into the thread killers thread and this is the sort of thing I see going on... :eek:

I try so hard not to look in there, but I get so curious! I think I am a thread voyeur. :bugeye:

Moonbear said:
Are you sure he's available? He seemed to have the hots for Space Tiger! :biggrin:
:smile:
Math Is Hard said:
I just stick with the inflatable ones. They're not much on conversation, but who needs all that chit-chat after a long day anyways? :wink:
The perfect man? :rolleyes:
Danger said:
So that's why you ordered out! Poor guy won't know enough to report your treatment of him...
Oh don't play Mr. Innocent, with offers of living in your basement, uh-huh.

I think the only other person who wears a costume (not the doggy suit) for their avatar besides Danger is hitssquad. I've been meaning to ask about it.

Last edited:
SOS2008 said:
I think the only other person who wears a costume (not the doggy suit) for their avatar besides Danger is hitssquad.
That's not a costume. It still looks for all the world like a giant chipmunk sitting on the can to me, but he posted a link to the original somewhere. It's an aborted mutation from the Chernobyl area (I don't know if it's a gag site or not, but it's full of things like that).

i shouldn't say this but the greatest avatar award goes to the pretty faces of SpaceTiger and Danger :!) :!) :!)

marlon

marlon said:
the pretty faces of SpaceTiger and Danger
Hmmmm... With the exception of that tuft of left-over merkin on his chin, we're about as far apart in looks as you can get and both still be bipedal.

TheStatutoryApe said:

Did you have some strange illusion that I don't discuss or think about things like that?

I have a request though, any inflatable husbands need to have a heating element of some sort. I need a heat source to curl up with at night (and in the summer, I can just kick it onto the floor when I'm done if it's too hot to keep in bed; real husbands get grouchy if you do that).

Moonbear said:
Did you I have a request though, any inflatable husbands need to have a heating element of some sort.
Then you'd have to tie a string to it to keep it from floating away. Oh never mind; I forgot about the handcuffs.

Anyhow, I found out the hard way when I had an air bed and tried using my electric mattress warmer on it that it isn't practical. The damned thing just expanded until the temperature equalized, until I ran out of settings and was still cold.

I just ran across the other cool one that I was trying to remember: Janus.
Integral's roller-skating snake in the Zorro mask is elegant in its simplicity. He should have been a graphic designer.