Best course of action for admission.

  • Topic: Admissions 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Sivis1873
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Admission Course
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 1K views
Sivis1873
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hello, I have been reading through the forum recently and just made an account. This seems like a very helpful community of like-minded people! I'm interested in engineering, specifically aerospace thus far but of course I have not ruled out any field. I'm interested in a lot of things although aerospace has my attention. I don't have any major concerns regarding my ability to succeed the course although, for my specific situation I feel that it would be wise to consult some people that know much more than myself. I've never really had a great interest in math in a classroom setting, I really only enjoy learning new things that I'm interested in and in my past during high school I really wasn't interested in anything involving algebra or calculus although I did enjoy geometry. My question is, not knowing too much about advanced mathematics and what I might find in an aerospace career, what should I do first before I enroll in a university or take my SAT for admission? Should I pick up some community college courses? Take some online math programs? I would hate to get to university and enroll in an engineering program just to find out that I am horribly unprepared and could have easily avoided the problem by waiting a year or so and studying my ass off. Thanks a lot, I appreciate any future input!
 
Physics news on Phys.org