Best GRE Apps for iPhone: Get Ready for Exam Day!

• Testing
  • Thread starter semidevil
  • Start date
  • Tags
    App Gre
In summary, the conversation discusses recommendations for GRE study using iPhone apps. While one person suggests using a study guide and avoiding the phone to avoid distractions, the other person finds apps to be convenient for studying on the go. They specifically mention Anki, a flash card app with customizable cards and spaced repetition.
semidevil
Hello,

I’m starting my GRE study soon and would like to know what you guys recommend for GRE study, specifically iPhone apps.

I don’t plan on taking exams on the phone, but I would like something that I can use to cram into long term memory while I am on the bus every day. Anything that you guys use to help with vocabulary, formulas, etc etc?

Physics news on Phys.org
Why not buy a study guide and scribble notes in it? Using the phone will ony distract you from your mission to study. Texts will pop up and the urge to check social media will be too hard to ignore.

Makes sense. I’ve been using apps to study other things and it has worked really well for me. Especially in a moving and bus where I might be standing...I want to minimize movement. I was thinking of something as convenient as a flash card type app where I really just need a thumb to navigate

If youre looking for a flash card app, Anki is really good. Uses spaced repetition to give you the cards over different periods of time. Very customizable cards too.

Related to Best GRE Apps for iPhone: Get Ready for Exam Day!

1. What are the top GRE apps for iPhone?

The top GRE apps for iPhone include Magoosh, Manhattan Prep, Kaplan, Princeton Review, and GRE Flashcards by Kaplan. These apps offer comprehensive study materials, practice questions, and test-taking strategies to help you prepare for the GRE exam.

2. Are these apps free to use?

Some of these apps offer a limited version for free, but most require a subscription or one-time payment for full access to all features. It's important to compare the features and prices of different apps to find the best fit for your budget and study needs.

3. Can I access these apps offline?

Yes, most GRE apps have offline capabilities so you can study on-the-go without an internet connection. However, some features may require internet access, such as downloading new practice questions or accessing online resources.

4. Are these apps effective in helping students prepare for the GRE exam?

Yes, these apps have been designed by experts and have been proven to be effective in helping students prepare for the GRE exam. They offer a variety of study materials, practice questions, and test-taking strategies to help students improve their scores and feel more confident on exam day.

5. Can I track my progress and performance on these apps?

Yes, most GRE apps have features that allow you to track your progress and performance, such as practice test scores, completion of study materials, and time spent studying. This can help you identify areas of improvement and adjust your study plan accordingly.