What Is the Best Science Fiction Movie Ever?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
61 replies · 20K views
1. Blade Runner - Harrison Ford, nuff said. Also has one of the best movie endings ever.

2. 2001 - Amazing music, and I loved Hal.

3. Jurassic Park - Dinosaurs are sweet.

4. The Empire Strikes Back - Harrison Ford being awesome. Oh, and Vader is Luke's father.

5. The Terminator - Robot killing machine = awesome.

6. Aliens - Better than the first if you ask me. More action, less claustrophobic terror.

7. Stargate - Very original for it's time.

8. Back to the Future - Time travel with a fun story.

9. Star Trek: First Contact - I don't really like Star Trek, but this movie really impressed me. It gave Star Trek a darker feel, and it wasn't bogged down with philosophical mumbo-jumbo.

10. Superman: Returns - Superman isn't my favorite superhero, not by a long shot, but this movie was really good.

11. The Iron Giant - Kid's cartoon, but still really good.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Robinson Crusoe on Mars. I love that movie. My oldest daughter requested the DVD for Christmas and I'm going to borrow it.