Black hole emits quantum particles from the mass sucked in?

In summary: Please provide a specific reference for what you saw on the internet and I can clarify it for you.In summary, the conversation discusses the potential for Hawking radiation and the flinging of matter from black holes to explain the concept of where matter goes. The possibility of matter being broken down into quantum particles and emitted as Hawking radiation is considered, but it is noted that Hawking radiation is too faint to explain dark energy and dark matter. The conversation then delves into the concept of different planes of reality and a white hole, with the conclusion that a white hole is not where matter goes once it enters a black hole.
diPoleMoment
So the Hawking radiation and the flinging of matter from the black hole, could this explain where all the matter goes? I am unsure of the theory for the second one, but if matter is broken to its quantum particles then why can't those quantum particles be in the Hawking radiation. Still very basic knowledge of his theory. However would those explain dark energy and dark matter?

Physics news on Phys.org
diPoleMoment said:
could this explain where all the matter goes?

What do you mean by "where all the matter goes"? What sort of scenario are you thinking of?

diPoleMoment said:
if matter is broken to its quantum particles then why can't those quantum particles be in the Hawking radiation

Hawking radiation is quantum particles.

diPoleMoment said:
would those explain dark energy and dark matter?

If you mean, could dark energy and dark matter be composed of particles emitted from black holes by Hawking radiation, no. Hawking radiation is much, much too faint.

So I know that there is the mass attracted by the gravitational force. I know that there is the mass that goes into the black hole and gets torn apart by the forces within the black hole. I guess I do not know about different planes of reality. I saw on the internet about the while black hole where everything that, I assume, goes into the black hole goes out of the white hole. I guess if the dark matter spreading in the universe as well as dark energy, I was assuming it was from the matter of the black holes. If that is so, then how does it escape the black hole?

diPoleMoment said:
I know that there is the mass that goes into the black hole and gets torn apart by the forces within the black hole.

By tidal gravity, yes.

diPoleMoment said:
I guess I do not know about different planes of reality.

I don't know what you mean by "different planes of reality".

diPoleMoment said:
I saw on the internet

Where? Please give a specific reference. And you might want to look at PF's rules about acceptable sources. Pop science websites and videos are not acceptable sources. You need to be looking at textbooks or peer-reviewed papers.

diPoleMoment said:
everything that, I assume, goes into the black hole goes out of the white hole

No, that's not what a white hole is. It seems like your question is based on a misconception.

1. What is a black hole?

A black hole is a region in space where the gravitational pull is so strong that even light cannot escape, making it invisible to the human eye.

2. How does a black hole emit particles?

A black hole emits particles through a process known as Hawking radiation, in which pairs of particles and antiparticles are created near the event horizon (the point of no return) of the black hole. One particle falls into the black hole while the other escapes, carrying away energy from the black hole.

3. What are quantum particles?

Quantum particles are subatomic particles that exhibit both wave-like and particle-like behaviors, and can only be described through the principles of quantum mechanics. Examples include electrons, photons, and neutrinos.

4. Can black holes emit any type of particle?

Yes, black holes can emit any type of particle as long as it has enough energy to escape the strong gravitational pull. However, the most commonly observed particles emitted by black holes are photons (particles of light) and neutrinos (subatomic particles with no charge and very little mass).

5. How does the emission of particles affect a black hole's mass?

The emission of particles from a black hole gradually reduces its mass over time. This is because the particles that escape carry away energy, causing the black hole to shrink. However, the rate of mass loss is extremely slow, and for most black holes, it would take trillions of years for them to significantly decrease in mass through Hawking radiation.