Blizzard Changes Course, Integrates Real Money Trading Into Diablo III

  • Thread starter Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Course Money
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 5K views
Messages
20,002
Reaction score
11,120
If you’re a hardcore player of World of Warcraft, you know how stringently its parent company, Blizzard, has fought to keep the spectre of real money trading (RMT) from corrupting the game. *Gold farming and power leveling were/are scourges of … http://virtualnavigator.wordpress.com/2011/08/28/blizzard-changes-course-integrates-real-money-trading-into-diablo-iii/" http://stats.wordpress.com/b.gif?host=virtualnavigator.wordpress.com&blog=11498882&post=663&subd=virtualnavigator&ref=&feed=1

Read More...
 
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Wow...that's something I never thought they'd have the guts to do...I wonder how people are going to react to this!
 
WOW and some other MMORPG's are interesting even though I have zero interest in playing. All sorts of unexpected and unintended side effects have appeared.

From a simple change to one character that alters many aspects of the entire game, to social consequences like selling runescape gold and accounts and diablo characters on ebay. There is an industry in China, I'm told, exemplified by this:

http://www.inwowgold.com/power-leveling/
These guys pay someone to play a WOW character to a high level. Then, I assume, an otherwise inept or lazy gamer forks over money and voila! here is a high level character to play.

-- sorry for the digression.
 
Greg Bernhardt said:
If you’re a hardcore player of World of Warcraft, you know how stringently its parent company, Blizzard, has fought to keep the spectre of real money trading (RMT) from corrupting the game. *Gold farming and power leveling were/are scourges of

If you click on the first link and you are told that you are the 1,000,000 th visitor it's probably not a good idea to click on the popup link.
 
LaurieAG said:
If you click on the first link and you are told that you are the 1,000,000 th visitor it's probably not a good idea to click on the popup link.

Sometimes it really is. I make a living of these real money prizes there :)
Back to topic. What is really annoying with Diablo are the many bots that almost ruin the game.