Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Warcraft and Other Blizzard Products to Integrate Facebook

1. May 11, 2010 #1
    My sister forwarded a link to me the other day about what I think can only be cause for disaster. The two most addictive things on the net are gonna be working together to take over your life. That’s right, now you can post the status of your Kil’jaden raid party, or whoever is the [...]http://stats.wordpress.com/b.gif?host=virtualnavigator.wordpress.com&blog=11498882&post=95&subd=virtualnavigator&ref=&feed=1

More...

2. jcsd
  3. May 11, 2010 #2

Borg

Science Advisor
    Gold Member
    2017 Award

So, does this mean I'll be able to lob Mr. T Mohawk Grenades at someones Facebook page?

[PLAIN]http://www.geekspeakblog.com/wp-content/uploads/MrTMohawkGrenade.jpg [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  4. May 11, 2010 #3

Kerrie

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

WarCrack meets FaceCrack...

5. May 12, 2010 #4

rhody

Gold Member

Just a note to all who frequent Blizzard.com for whatever reason, last year my credit card was compromised and it was tracked back to someone who charged a purchase at Blizzard.com, risks of addictive game play aside, be aware that Blizzard.com is blocked from online transactions from my Bank with any of their credit and debit cards.

For the record, up to the time my card was hacked I never once went to Blizzard.com, and no one in our household uses any kind of gaming software.

Rhody...

Last edited: May 12, 2010
  6. May 12, 2010 #5
    Are you sure that your credit card company didn't just put a fullout end to paying for online gaming with their cards? Many cards do that with online-gambling... And your card being compromised for a vast amount of reasons. It happens where I live to debit cards like at least once a month. Annoying as hell and most of the time unnecessary but hey, it keeps our money safe I guess right?

Compromised card doesn't mean hacked. If someone hacked into your credit I wouldn't be worried about them having access to just your little credit card.

7. May 12, 2010 #6

rhody

Gold Member

zomgwtf,

I hesitated to use the word hacked for that reason, and you picked up on it. Needless to say the publishers of Warcraft are being punished because whoever DID compromise my card promptly charged Warcraft gaming software. It is not fair, but the police I spoke to say it happens in my town at least once or twice a month. For that reason the banks have chosen to limit their risk by not allowing the software to be charged with a debit/credit card through Blizzard.com. You still can use paypal. It seems to me that the people who compromised my card were young. I don't know many 40+ year old's who play Warcraft regularly.

Rhody...

8. Oct 12, 2010 #7
    Just another category of status updates for me to block. I already block things like farmville, Mafia-Wars and so on.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook