Body diagonals -- unit vector notation

Member warned to complete the template and show details of the effort made

Homework Statement

I'm fully convinced that the zero values make sense, yet they are wrong, can somebody plz explain why is that the case

4.png

Homework Equations

N/A

The Attempt at a Solution

Attempt in the image above

Answers and Replies

haruspex
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
Gold Member
2020 Award
(a,0,0) is the bottom, left and front vertex in the diagram, right? Where is the other end of the diagonal from there?

(a,0,0) is the bottom, left and front vertex in the diagram, right? Where is the other end of the diagonal from there?

It's at the top right corner of the image, which has 0 x-coordinate, am i mistaken?

haruspex
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
Gold Member
2020 Award
It's at the top right corner of the image, which has 0 x-coordinate, am i mistaken?
That's right. The vector along that diagonal is the difference between the endpoints, as vectors.

That's right. The vector along that diagonal is the difference between the endpoints, as vectors.

However, I wrote zero in the i component in the answer space to part (b), does that mean the computer system is wrong and I am right?

haruspex
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
Gold Member
2020 Award
However, I wrote zero in the i component in the answer space to part (b), does that mean the computer system is wrong and I am right?
No, zero is wrong. Write the vector expressions for the two endpoints of the diagonal and subtract the bottom left front one from the top right back one. No zeroes.