Books similar to"Art of Problem Solving"

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
7 replies · 3K views
sahilmm15
Messages
100
Reaction score
28
Can you share some similar books like AOPS . Alternative of each book is preferred. I am finding other ones cause they are not available here. Thanks!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
The art of insight in science and engineering
Street fighting mathematics
Geometry revisited
How to solve it
Guesstimation
Back of the Envelope Physics
 
  • Informative
Likes   Reactions: yucheng
sahilmm15 said:
Can you please "read" the question again?

You need to expand on ”what” you are looking for. I interpret it as wanting books on problem solving.
 
I m sorry for any misunderstanding. I was looking for books similar to them in each aspect like :- Number theory, geometry, calculus, combinatorics. You should visit their website to see their books. Then I think you would find some. https://artofproblemsolving.com/store
 
If you are looking for stuff to teach from, I cannot be of much help. If you are looking for stuff for a bright student to read, there are things in the my previous recommendation that would be of value. Some books suitable for the young that I have enjoyed are
Naive Set Theory by Halmos
What is Mathematics by Courant
Excursions in Number Theory by Ogilvy
Geometry and Imagination by Hilbert
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: yucheng