Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Bovine Serum Albumin and Varous Ions

1. Dec 5, 2005 #1
    I'm dying here! I've looked on pubmed, crc handbooks, bcem texts and google.

I need to know how much of various ions Na, Cl, Ca, Mg etc. get bound to albumin in a Krebs solution at 37 celcius, pH 7.4, and 3mg/dL albumin.

I managed to track down a number and do my own test for Ca but the others are proving to be much more difficult.

Any help would be infinitely appreciated.

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 5, 2005 #2

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Well, it looks like you've tried all my likely sources. Have you tried contacting the technical support of the manufacturer supplying your BSA? Sometimes they have these types of things on-hand as references for manufacturing or QC purposes. For this particular question, it might be a long-shot, but always worth a try.

I don't know if this one will help (I haven't read the article, just the abstract), but just in case it offers relevant references, I thought I'd toss it out for you:
    If that's something closer than you found on your own, I searched PubMed using the keywords: ion-binding to albumin. Sometimes you just have to find the right combination of keywords to get that to pull up what you need.
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2005
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?