Brain blocked on recalling this formula

In summary, the conversation discusses building a mixing fluid calculator, specifically trying to solve for m2 instead of Tf. The person has found an answer to question 1, but is wondering if it is possible to solve for both m2 and m1 if mt is known. They provide an example of a total volume of 99ml at 20 deg, with T1 being 25 deg and T2 being 10 deg. They ask if there is a way to calculate both T1 and T2 at the same time. The suggested equation to solve for m2 is m2 = m1 (T1 - Tf) / (Tf - T2).
Keegan4123
TL;DR Summary
Need to manipulate T(final) = (m1_T1 + m2_T2) / (m1 + m2) to solve for m2
Trying to build a mixing fluid calculator and cannot for the life of me figure out how to solve for m2 rather then Tf

Got an answer to question 1, but bonus question: is there anyway to solve for m2 and m1 if mt is known?

IE given a total volume of mixture IE 99ml, at 20 deg. I know T1 is 25 deg, and T2 is 10.. Using the math it tells me I need 33ml of T2 and 66ml of T1. This will be built into a spreadsheet, is there anyway to calculate both t1 and t2 at the same time?

Last edited:
Chemistry news on Phys.org
I suggest it is,
m2 = m1 (T1 - Tf) / (Tf - T2)

tech99 said:
I suggest it is,
m2 = m1 (T1 - Tf) / (Tf - T2)
Thank you so much!

Likes berkeman

What causes a brain block when trying to recall a formula?

A brain block when trying to recall a formula can be caused by a variety of factors, such as stress, fatigue, lack of focus, and even anxiety. It can also be a result of not fully understanding the formula or not having practiced it enough.

How can I overcome a brain block when trying to recall a formula?

To overcome a brain block when trying to recall a formula, it is important to take a break and relax. Engage in activities that can help you de-stress, such as deep breathing or going for a walk. It can also be helpful to review the formula in a different way, such as through visual aids or by teaching it to someone else.

Is it normal to experience brain blocks when trying to recall formulas?

Yes, it is completely normal to experience brain blocks when trying to recall formulas. Our brains can only hold so much information at a time, and when we are under pressure or feeling overwhelmed, it can be difficult to access certain information. The key is to not get discouraged and to find effective ways to overcome these blocks.

How can I prevent brain blocks when trying to recall formulas in the future?

One way to prevent brain blocks when trying to recall formulas in the future is to practice them regularly. This will help solidify the information in your brain and make it easier to access when needed. It can also be helpful to create visual aids or mnemonic devices to assist with recall.

When should I seek help for frequent brain blocks when trying to recall formulas?

If you are consistently experiencing brain blocks when trying to recall formulas and it is impacting your academic or professional performance, it may be beneficial to seek help from a tutor or a mental health professional. They can provide additional strategies and support to help you overcome these blocks and improve your recall abilities.