Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Brewer needs lesson in thermodynamics.

1. Jul 26, 2014 #1
    I'm starting a brewery and need some help designing a brew kettle. I haven't found much in the brewing community about how a brew kettles firebox is laid out. I've got a tank that is 45" wide and 48" tall and I'm planning on heating it with a 400k btu forced air burner, basically like a small jet engine. But in order to heat efficiently I'm thinking it needs some baffles between where the gas is blown in and the exhaust. I'll include a sketch of the kettle, but i need help laying out the best possible gas flow pattern for efficiently heating the thing, please help me. Here's a good forum post on it, but doesn't help me much. http://discussions.probrewer.com/showthread.php?18370-Brew-Kettle

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 26, 2014 #2
    The fire box is the area under the kettle sorry it's not labeled very well in the sketch.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook