BRST Symmetry and unphysical polarizations

  • Level: Graduate 
  • Thread starter Thread starter lornstone
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Symmetry
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
lornstone
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Hi,

I am reading the BRST Symmetry section of Peskin and Schroeder but I can't find anywhere
why the BRST transformation for the gauge vector,
[tex]\delta A_\mu^a = \varepsilon \partial_\mu c^a[/tex]
implies that only forward polarized states can create ghosts by applying Q, Q being define by
[tex]\delta \phi = \varepsilon Q \phi[/tex]
I saw in a paper that it's obvious when we go to momentum space, but unfortunately it's not for me...

Thank you!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I'm afraid I can't help, but one point about your post confuses me- why have you taken the [itex]D^{ab}[/itex] from Peskin and Schroeder's treatment to be diagonal? Isn't it the covariant derivative in the adjoint of the gauge group?
 
Yes it is. But Peskin is considering the limit case where g is equal to zero