Building a car without a mousetrap i'm desperate

In summary, the person is trying to create a car similar to a mousetrap car without using a mousetrap. They are struggling to figure out how to make the car move and initially thought of using a motor, but are unsure how to rig it. Another person suggests using a fan and styrofoam to create a light contraption, but the person is unsure if this would be considered cheating as the project is supposed to be a complicated physics contraption. They are seeking help and feeling desperate.
kailey
I am supposed to make a car similar to that of a mousetrap car, except without using a mousetrap. I have basic materials and I am completley dumfounded when it comes to making the car "go."

please help me! i am so desperate!

i originally thought that using a car to make the car go would be a good idea but i have no idea how to rig that up.

Physics news on Phys.org
a fan?

that's actually a really good idea. i hadn't thought of that. i just can't figure out how to rig that up.

use styrofoam (or something equally light), stick a fan on the back. Add wheels. Voila.

idk i think that would be considered "cheating." it's supposed to be some complicated physics contraption.

1. How is it possible to build a car without a mousetrap?

Building a car without a mousetrap is possible by using alternative mechanisms such as a spring or lever system to power the car's movement.

2. What are the benefits of building a car without a mousetrap?

Building a car without a mousetrap can be more cost-effective and eco-friendly as it eliminates the need for a mousetrap, which can be made of harmful materials and require frequent replacements.

3. Can a car without a mousetrap still function effectively?

Yes, a car without a mousetrap can still function effectively. The absence of a mousetrap does not affect the car's ability to move or perform other necessary functions.

4. Are there any limitations to building a car without a mousetrap?

While it is possible to build a car without a mousetrap, it is important to consider the potential limitations, such as the availability of alternative mechanisms and the amount of power they can generate.

5. Can I build a car without a mousetrap on my own?

Building a car without a mousetrap can be a challenging task and may require technical expertise. It is recommended to seek the help of a professional or conduct thorough research before attempting to build a car without a mousetrap.