Building Paralleogram Mount/What is the name of this Part?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Saladsamurai
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Building
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
8 replies · 4K views
Saladsamurai
Messages
3,009
Reaction score
7
Some of you may recognize this Mount in the picture. It is a "Window mount" for a pair of binoculars. There are two main components here. The bottom 'half' that mounts to the window. And the 'Top Half' that attaches to the binos and allow for a couple of degrees of motion. I just want the top half! Does anyone know what it is called or where the heck I can get one? I tried searching "Binocular mounting hardware" and it took forever to find this.

I need to narrow it down a bit. I really this part (it's for a school project) so ANY advice is appreciated!

Picture1-7.png
 
Astronomy news on Phys.org
I'm confused. The picture I get when I pull up the link is of a problem in a textbook concerning an epicycle gear.

I forund this link on making a paralleogram binocular mount. (though this isn't window mounted)

http://www.gcw.org.uk/bino/binonet.htm
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Janus said:
I'm confused. The picture I get when I pull up the link is of a problem in a textbook concerning an epicycle gear.

I forund this link on making a paralleogram binocular mount. (though this isn't window mounted)

http://www.gcw.org.uk/bino/binonet.htm

:smile: Oh man... Yeah. Photobucket has been screwy lately with my tags...

here. I think this is what I needed.

http://www.telescope.com/control/product/~category_id=adapters_and_cables/~product_id=07033
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Do you need the whole head or just the mounting plate to which the binoculars screw on to?
 
Janus said:
Do you need the whole head or just the mounting plate to which the binoculars screw on to?

I need the whole thing. I need something to mount to the parallelogram and that I can mount the binoculars mount to. And it needs to pan and tilt. So I think I have found what I need in the link above. I was hoping for something cheaper, but I am not having much luck. Actually, the pricey part is the shipping because I need it quick, but that is my fault.
 
Thats too funny, that's what I originally tried to post a picture of! I am not sure if the window mounting portion will come apart from the pan head without ruining it. It might work though.
 
This sucks. http://www.telescope.com/control/product/~category_id=adapters_and_cables/~product_id=07033" won't support the weight of my binoculars (says the Orion tech guy).

http://www.telescope.com/control/product/~category_id=binocular_giant/~pcategory=binoculars/~product_id=09324" And I have to figure out how to mount them to the mounting platform of my mount a.s.a.p.

Anyone no of a pan/tilt head that will support these things?
 
Last edited by a moderator: