Building Paralleogram Mount/What is the name of this Part?

Main Question or Discussion Point

Some of you may recognize this Mount in the picture. It is a "Window mount" for a pair of binoculars. There are two main components here. The bottom 'half' that mounts to the window. And the 'Top Half' that attaches to the binos and allow for a couple of degrees of motion. I just want the top half! Does anyone know what it is called or where the heck I can get one? I tried searching "Binocular mounting hardware" and it took forever to find this.

I need to narrow it down a bit. I really this part (it's for a school project) so ANY advice is appreciated!

Picture1-7.png

Answers and Replies

turbo
Gold Member
Holy Cow! I don't know what that thing is....

Janus
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Insights Author
Gold Member
I'm confused. The picture I get when I pull up the link is of a problem in a text book concerning an epicycle gear.

I forund this link on making a paralleogram binocular mount. (though this isn't window mounted)

http://www.gcw.org.uk/bino/binonet.htm [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
Janus
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Insights Author
Gold Member
Do you need the whole head or just the mounting plate to which the binoculars screw on to?

Do you need the whole head or just the mounting plate to which the binoculars screw on to?
I need the whole thing. I need something to mount to the parallelogram and that I can mount the binoculars mount to. And it needs to pan and tilt. So I think I have found what I need in the link above. I was hoping for something cheaper, but I am not having much luck. Actually, the pricey part is the shipping because I need it quick, but that is my fault.:grumpy:

Thats too funny, that's what I originally tried to post a picture of! I am not sure if the window mounting portion will come apart from the pan head without ruining it. It might work though.