Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Building Paralleogram Mount/What is the name of this Part?

1. May 3, 2008 #1
    Some of you may recognize this Mount in the picture. It is a "Window mount" for a pair of binoculars. There are two main components here. The bottom 'half' that mounts to the window. And the 'Top Half' that attaches to the binos and allow for a couple of degrees of motion. I just want the top half! Does anyone know what it is called or where the heck I can get one? I tried searching "Binocular mounting hardware" and it took forever to find this.

I need to narrow it down a bit. I really this part (it's for a school project) so ANY advice is appreciated!

[​IMG]

2. jcsd
  3. May 3, 2008 #2

turbo

Gold Member

Holy Cow! I don't know what that thing is....

4. May 3, 2008 #3

Janus

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I'm confused. The picture I get when I pull up the link is of a problem in a text book concerning an epicycle gear.

I forund this link on making a paralleogram binocular mount. (though this isn't window mounted)

http://www.gcw.org.uk/bino/binonet.htm

5. May 3, 2008 #4
  6. May 4, 2008 #5

Janus

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Do you need the whole head or just the mounting plate to which the binoculars screw on to?

7. May 4, 2008 #6
    I need the whole thing. I need something to mount to the parallelogram and that I can mount the binoculars mount to. And it needs to pan and tilt. So I think I have found what I need in the link above. I was hoping for something cheaper, but I am not having much luck. Actually, the pricey part is the shipping because I need it quick, but that is my fault.:grumpy:

8. May 4, 2008 #7

Janus

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

9. May 4, 2008 #8
    Thats too funny, that's what I originally tried to post a picture of! I am not sure if the window mounting portion will come apart from the pan head without ruining it. It might work though.

10. May 5, 2008 #9
    This sucks. This thing won't support the weight of my binoculars (says the Orion tech guy).

These are my binos. And I have to figure out how to mount them to the mounting platform of my mount a.s.a.p.

Anyone no of a pan/tilt head that will support these things?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?