Bush: The Greatest Blunder in US History

• History
  • Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
  • Tags
    History
In summary, the long-awaited CIA report on Iraq's weapons of mass destruction programs confirms that Saddam Hussein did not possess stockpiles of weapons at the time of the U.S. invasion in March 2003. This raises questions about the justification for the war and leads to the conclusion that the invasion of Iraq is the greatest blunder in foreign policy in US history. However, some argue that this conclusion may be premature if democracy is successfully established in Iraq. There is also criticism towards those who blindly supported the war and now try to shift the blame to others. There is also a discussion about the impact of the war on troop morale and the need for transparency and honesty in decision-making. Overall, the conversation highlights the divisive and controversial nature of
Gokul43201 said:
I'm sure if I quoted the same information, someone from the right would challenge me saying :

"So...are you saying that the increase is due strictly to the sanctions, as opposed to...radiation levels from DU, the crippling effect of fighting the Kuwait War on the Iraqi economy, the billions of dollars worth of infrastructure that was destroyed by allied missiles and bombs, or any other factors ?

Can we get something better then supposition and innuendo here? please?"
The title of this post makes an enourmous claim "Bush: the biggest blunder in US history." As long as there are possiblities that this was not a blunder, that statement is not fully substantiated. The burdon of proof should lie with the accuser, niot the accused. Besides, which of those items could not have been improved by the lifting of sanctions, removal of Sadaam and the availability of foreign aid to the Iraqi people?

Science news on Phys.org
Artman said:
The title of this post makes an enourmous claim "Bush: the biggest blunder in US history." As long as there are possiblities that this was not a blunder, that statement is not fully substantiated. The burdon of proof should lie with the accuser, niot the accused. Besides, which of those items could not have been improved by the lifting of sanctions, removal of Sadaam and the availability of foreign aid to the Iraqi people?

I've made it clear, in a previous post, that I do not agree with the title of this thread. Nor am I trying to give Saddam the benefit of doubt for anything.

I'm merely complaining about russ' repeated assertions that phatmonky's post "clearly" proves that the sanctions were the cause of all these deaths. Seems to me like a lowering of standards.

Actually... It's not Bush's fault that allot of what happened. The real person to blame was Clinton. He was that one that let the attacks build up(Uss Cole, all of bombing of embassy’s, etc etc) As soon as Somalia went to crap, and people complained, that’s when he grew a vag on the terrorism front. The director of CIA, from day one, said the biggest threat to America was Osama Bin Laden. So what does he do? Nothing. Oh wait he launches a few cruise missiles at "training camps." Also let's not kid ourselves, all of you Die hard democrats should know that whoever gets elected, the outcome is going to be the same. Kerry with all of his crap and Bush with his, all ends up at the same place after 4 years. So I mean people say this is a big election... but it's not really, because Iraq is going to dictate allot. So I'm waiting for next terms election.

Code:
October 2002: Kerry Voted For Use Of Force Resolution Against Iraq. Kerry and Edwards voted for the Congressional resolution authorizing the use of force against Iraq. (H. J. Res. 114, CQ Vote #237: Passed 77-23: R 48-1; D 29-21; I 0-1, 10/11/02, Kerry Voted Yea)

Also with the screw up in Iraq, me must also consider this. Dicky and Rummy wanted to go in initaly... Bush was undecided, and Powell said No. So really those two convinced bush to get into Iraq. Rummy was pushing Iraq from day one, like he had some sort of score to settle. I suggest you guys read Bush at War and Plan of Attack. There both relly good books, and then you don't sound like a jackass when your talking on the forums.( that was directed to no one in particular, just as a general statement)

Code:
 September 2004: Kerry: Iraq Is "The Wrong War In The Wrong Place At The Wrong Time." "Democratic presidential nominee John Kerry on Monday called the invasion of Iraq ‘the wrong war in the wrong place at the wrong time’ and said his goal was to withdraw U.S. troops in his first White House term." (Patricia Wilson, " Kerry on Iraq: Wrong War, Wrong Place, Wrong Time", Reuters, 9/6/04)

See it's the same crap over and over... I want someone with Answers and a real stragety. Wesly Clark should have won against Kerry, cause he's a badass, ands knows what's up.

Last edited:
phatmonky said:
You can't show the intent, and we know that. You made the charge that Bush "LIED about why we went to war?"
Let us say that I agree with you and decide to give Bush the benefit of the doubt. He is an idiot, and he has no ability to think. The fact that he selectively evaluated the evidence is not his fault, because he is stupid. The fact that he decided that we needed to hurry so quickly that it is ok if we alienate our allies is justified because he is an impulsive idiot.

Bush told us the reasons for going to war. Those reasons turn out to be in error. In other words, Bush convinced the country to go to war for reasons that were not true. Bush therefore used fallacious reasons. I believe that someone with some brains would not have been in such a hurry, would not have been so selective in the evidence that he accepted, and would not have go off half-cocked like the idiot that he is.

Now, you are claiming that I must somehow prove in a manner that you accept that he did lied with premeditated intent. I see no need for this. He made statements that were not true. He must be held responsible for that. Passing the buck is not an option that I recognize as valid in this case. It does not matter to me that I cannot convince you that he had intent to lie. The fact of the matter is that he did make untrue statements repeatedly in an attempt to coerce the American people.

By the way, do you recognize that Cheney lied? He is still maintaining several points that no one in the administration other than he is making. Or, do you believe that Cheney is telling the truth as well.

A quick look at dictionary.com defines lie in a couple of ways. Notice that the first one is:
1. A false statement deliberately presented as being true; a falsehood.
Only in the second (as in not first) definition does it indicate that a lie can also be understood as possessing intent to deceive.

Prometheus said:
Bush told us the reasons for going to war. Those reasons turn out to be in error. In other words, Bush convinced the country to go to war for reasons that were not true. Bush therefore used fallacious reasons. I believe that someone with some brains would not have been in such a hurry, would not have been so selective in the evidence that he accepted, and would not have go off half-cocked like the idiot that he is.

Well I assume your a democrat, So i say look at my post above. You Boy kerry voted to go to war with Iraq.

Spectre32 said:
Well I assume your a democrat,
For the sake of argument, why don't you assume that you are wrong, since you are, and then try again.
So i say look at my post above. You Boy kerry voted to go to war with Iraq.
Since Kerry is not my boy, what are you left with? A dumb Bush and his lies. Sorry.

How does your contention here, even if it were true, which it is not, justify the mistakes and incompetance of Bush that I pointed out in the citation that you referred to?

Artman said:
I think that Kat's request for an alternate method of removing Sadaam is a valid point. The rising death toll due to the sanctions, should not be ignored. To say that the sanctions were working to keep Sadaam crippled does not address the fact that they were killing the Iraqi people and were being blamed on the USA by Sadaam and his supporters.

We learned following the first World War and the incredible depression in Germany that if left unchecked this kind of economic situation is a perfect breeding ground for hatred and power struggle. So what I want to know is, how would you have removed the sanctions to save the Iraqi people, and yet still keep Sadaam in check or remove him from power without resorting to war?

Using your argument, there were quite a few other countries which should have had their governments replaced before we ever got around to giving Iraq a new government. Comparing life expectancy, literacy rates, poverty and human rights abuses:

Iraq had the 47th lowest human development index and ranked 15th in human rights abuses.
Sierra Leone worst in human development index, 5th in human rights abuses.
DemRepCongo had the 21st lowest human development index and ranked 1st in human rights abuses.
Rwanda ranked 9th lowest in HDI and 2nd in human rights abuses.
Pakistan 26th and 11th.
There's several other examples from the following lists :
http://hdr.undp.org/reports/global/2001/en/pdf/Addendum4.pdf
http://hdr.undp.org/reports/global/2001/en/pdf/back.pdf
http://www.guardian.co.uk/Tables/4_col_tables/0,5737,258329,00.html

All are a perfect breeding ground for hatred and power struggle. FYI - Afghanistan ranked 16th in human rights abuses and in the bottom five for HDI.

You can't (and shouldn't) replace every government that is doing an inept job. The decision on Iraq should have been based solely upon Iraq's threat to us, either directly or indirectly.

Prometheus said:
For the sake of argument, why don't you assume that you are wrong, since you are, and then try again.

Since Kerry is not my boy, what are you left with? A dumb Bush and his lies. Sorry.

How does your contention here, even if it were true, which it is not, justify the mistakes and incompetance of Bush that I pointed out in the citation that you referred to?

I assume you were democrat, so since you are not, then my accuization is false. Sorry.

A few have disagreed with the title of this thread or feel that you should wait until the results are into decide whether Iraq was a blunder or not.

It's the soundness of the thinking and the planning that determine whether it is a blunder or not. If a person makes a huge blunder and still succeeds, it's just lucky - not good planning. Likewise, good planning and decision making don't ensure success - they just make it extremely likely.

In spite of a multitude of people who's job it is to know, the Bush administration invaded Iraq on bad information with an insufficient number of forces and there is no sign that they had prepared for anything other than a best case scenario.

It's a blunder regardless of how things eventually turn out.

How do you prepare for carbombs and suicidebombers?

Spectre32 said:
You Boy kerry voted to go to war with Iraq.
Sure.
Kerry based his vote on information and motives given by the president. Now it's clear that info and motives were intentionally false.
Who to blame?
Kerry for his vote or Bush for his scam?
Who "made" the cause to vote?

Last edited:
studentx said:

Are carbombs and suicide bombers a new tactic?

A truck full of explosives was used both in Oklahoma City and in the '93 attack on the World Trade Center. Suicide bombers have been a fact of life in the Palestinian-Israel conflict for quite a few years.

While you can't defend every attack successfully, it certainly shouldn't have been a surprise that they would occur.

studentx said:
I am sorry, but I don't understand who you are referring to with your pronoun 'you'.

Furthermore, are you really asking how the administration might have prepared for them, or are you asking how they might have anticipated that they might be used?

What exactly is your point, and who are you addressing it to?

pelastration said:
Sure.
Kerry based his vote on information and motives given by the president. Now it's clear that info and motives were intentionally false.
Who to blame?
Kerry for his vote or Bush for his scam?
Who "made" the cause to vote?

Not exactly, Kerry can't blame Bush for his vote. The National Intelligence Estimate was written for Kerry and other senate members. In the fall of 2002, members of the Senate Intelligence Committee had requested that the CIA produce the document so that senators would have up to date intelligence to base their votes on. Unfortunately, If memory serves me correctly, Kerry later admitted to not having bothered to read the intelligence report.

kat said:
Not exactly, Kerry can't blame Bush for his vote. The National Intelligence Estimate was written for Kerry and other senate members. In the fall of 2002, members of the Senate Intelligence Committee had requested that the CIA produce the document so that senators would have up to date intelligence to base their votes on. Unfortunately, If memory serves me correctly, Kerry later admitted to not having bothered to read the intelligence report.
That's not my point.
Bush wanted this war.
So there was need to vote.
When the Senate voted it was based on intelligence influenced by Feith, Wurmser, Rumsfeld, Perle ... all from PNAC. They wanted this war.
When Kerry voted he based his opinion on "facts".
But these "facts" were false.
You can not blame Kerry to have voted "yes" if the information given to the Senate was incorrect.
You should blame the guys how organized the scam.

Bush used this to show call Kerry a flip-flop, but Bush himself is a flop-flop all over his policy. Almost everything he did was wrong or went wrong. Flop-Flop or FLOP^2.
I can't understand kat that a smart (?) women like you prefer a flop-flop like Bush as your leader.

pelastration said:
That's not my point.
Bush wanted this war.

Again He DID NOT want to go to war with Iraq. He wanted to mess Afganastan up. Rummy and Cheney were pushing for war. Initaly Bush was unsure as what he wanted to do.

Bush used this to show call Kerry a flip-flop, but Bush himself is a flop-flop all over his policy. Almost everything he did was wrong or went wrong. Flop-Flop or FLOP^2.

C'mon dude, it's proven fack that Kerry voted for forcable movementr in Iraq, and then when his chances of becomming presidnet increased, all of a sudden his views changed. And by your logic "everything that bush did went wrong, and therefore he is flop-flopping himself"? C'mon That dosen't even make sense Hes not flip-floping himself, otherwise right now he would be saying, No i didn't want to send troops into iraq. Christ, he F-ed up, that's all. He didn't Flip-Flop.

Last edited:
Spectre32 said:
Again He DID NOT want to go to war with Iraq. He wanted to mess Afganastan up. Rummy and Cheney were pushing for war. Initaly Bush was unsure as what he wanted to do.

C'mon dude, it's proven fack that Kerry voted for forcable movementr in Iraq, and then when his chances of becomming presidnet increased, all of a sudden his views changed. And by your logic "everything that bush did went wrong, and therefore he is flop-flopping himself"? C'mon That dosen't even make sense Hes not flip-floping himself, otherwise right now he would be saying, No i didn't want to send troops into iraq. Christ, he F-ed up, that's all. He didn't Flip-Flop.

If Rummy and Cheney wanted war and Flop-Flop didn't that means he's not a real president. That means Cheney is the real president. That means Flop-Flop is not a real Leader.

Frist off it takes quite a Man to be president of the US, to say he's not a leader is a lie. You call him a flip flop I ask you to present hard facutal proof As I have, for Kerry.

Spectre32 said:
We all recognize that Bush does not have the intelligence to make decisions for himself, nor are his handlers stupid enough to let him. But I think that Bush wanted to overthrow Saddam to show his daddy that he is better than him.

C'mon That dosen't even make sense Hes not flip-floping himself, otherwise right now he would be saying, No i didn't want to send troops into iraq. He didn't Flip-Flop.
You are right. If he were flip-flopping, he would say that the reason for going to war with Iraq was never because of WMDs, but instead because of xxx (where xxx is the raison du jour).

Spectre32 said:
Frist off it takes quite a Man to be president of the US,
Support this contention with hard facts. Also, provide evidence that a woman could not do the job.

to say he's not a leader is a lie.
It would also be meaningless. Yes, he is the leader of the country, even though he is a puppet of Cheney and the neo-cons. To say that he is an idiot, a failure, and a divider of the country is true, is it not?

You call him a flip flop I ask you to present hard facutal proof
Get real. What is his justification for the war in Iraqa? How many times has that changed. Was he not very against the 9/11 commission? Now what? Are you seriously contending that you have never seen any evidence that Bush has ever flip-flopped? Just read the news, unless you consider it all to be left-wing lies.

I said Flop-Flop is a Flop-Flop: everything he does is a FLOP!
Health, energy, war, environment, human rights, civil right, preventing 9/11, international relations, economy, job, SECURITY (!), ... , all flops. ... that's why I call him no longer Bush but give him his new nickname Flop-Flop. President Flop-Flop.

Flop-Flop is incredible. Having created largest deficite ever and blaming Kerry for creating deficte for his health plan. Bringing more security in US by reducing police force in US and putting more police on the streets in Bahgdad. Haha. And you buy that! You admire Flop-Flop's logic. :rofl:

And btw, I didn't say Flop-Flop was a Flip-flopper.

Get real. What is his justification for the war in Iraqa? How many times has that changed. Was he not very against the 9/11 commission? Now what? Are you seriously contending that you have never seen any evidence that Bush has ever flip-flopped? Just read the news, unless you consider it all to be left-wing lies.

His justification for the war in Iraq was that they had WMD's. They havwn't found any, but that was his justification, never really changed all that much. He kept saying that they had WMD's and then he tossed in other crap into the mix, about this or that. The 9/11 Commision thing was shady, I didn't understand that.

preventing 9/11

Christ, YET AGAIN... IT wasn't all his fault. He was Clintions for christs sake, he let Al Quida build up to the strength it was, and HE DID NOTHING. It's not all of bush's fault.

Spectre32 said:
It's not all of bush's fault.
I agree. But most.

BobG said:
Are carbombs and suicide bombers a new tactic?

A truck full of explosives was used both in Oklahoma City and in the '93 attack on the World Trade Center. Suicide bombers have been a fact of life in the Palestinian-Israel conflict for quite a few years.

While you can't defend every attack successfully, it certainly shouldn't have been a surprise that they would occur.

It doesn't matter whether carbombs and suicidebombers are a new tactic or a surprise, there still is little or nothing you can do against it. Whatever tactic the military would have used to fight this war, carbombs can make it a blunder.

Prometheus said:
I am sorry, but I don't understand who you are referring to with your pronoun 'you'.

Furthermore, are you really asking how the administration might have prepared for them, or are you asking how they might have anticipated that they might be used?

What exactly is your point, and who are you addressing it to?

With "you" i mean anyone. I am asking what can be done against carbombs and suicidebombers? The only thing i can think of is changing the minds of those who damage themselves to damage others. The world is sweeping up this hatred for Bush and this is the blunder in my eyes. This IS the feeding ground for terrorism.

BobG said:
Using your argument, there were quite a few other countries which should have had their governments replaced before we ever got around to giving Iraq a new government. Comparing life expectancy, literacy rates, poverty and human rights abuses:

Iraq had the 47th lowest human development index and ranked 15th in human rights abuses.
Sierra Leone worst in human development index, 5th in human rights abuses.
DemRepCongo had the 21st lowest human development index and ranked 1st in human rights abuses.
Rwanda ranked 9th lowest in HDI and 2nd in human rights abuses.
Pakistan 26th and 11th.
There's several other examples from the following lists :
http://hdr.undp.org/reports/global/2001/en/pdf/Addendum4.pdf
http://hdr.undp.org/reports/global/2001/en/pdf/back.pdf
http://www.guardian.co.uk/Tables/4_col_tables/0,5737,258329,00.html

All are a perfect breeding ground for hatred and power struggle. FYI - Afghanistan ranked 16th in human rights abuses and in the bottom five for HDI.

You can't (and shouldn't) replace every government that is doing an inept job. The decision on Iraq should have been based solely upon Iraq's threat to us, either directly or indirectly.
What is stopping us from helping the people in those countries? If it is their own leaders and not US supported UN sanctions, the hatred is not necessarrilly aimed at the USA. Pakistan aided us during the war in Afghanistan, doesn't sound like the government their is as great a threat right now. Iraq was war torn from a fight with the USA, under sanctions supported by the USA, and Iraqi state supported terrorist organizations had already attacked varous US entities.

Also, weapons of mass destruction had existed in Iraq during the First Gulf War, what makes all of you think that they were kept under tight enough security to keep state sponsered terrorist groups from gaining access to them, even if Sadaam had complied with the UN ban?

Is this really the worst blunder in USA history? I still am not convinced.

BobG said:
A few have disagreed with the title of this thread or feel that you should wait until the results are into decide whether Iraq was a blunder or not.

It's the soundness of the thinking and the planning that determine whether it is a blunder or not. If a person makes a huge blunder and still succeeds, it's just lucky - not good planning. Likewise, good planning and decision making don't ensure success - they just make it extremely likely.

In spite of a multitude of people who's job it is to know, the Bush administration invaded Iraq on bad information with an insufficient number of forces and there is no sign that they had prepared for anything other than a best case scenario.

It's a blunder regardless of how things eventually turn out.
Whose blunder though? The CIA was crippled during the previous administration. It takes years to develope inside information networks in non-friendly nations.

Artman said:
What is stopping us from helping the people in those countries? If it is their own leaders and not US supported UN sanctions, the hatred is not necessarrilly aimed at the USA. Pakistan aided us during the war in Afghanistan, doesn't sound like the government their is as great a threat right now. Iraq was war torn from a fight with the USA, under sanctions supported by the USA, and Iraqi state supported terrorist organizations had already attacked varous US entities.

Also, weapons of mass destruction had existed in Iraq during the First Gulf War, what makes all of you think that they were kept under tight enough security to keep state sponsered terrorist groups from gaining access to them, even if Sadaam had complied with the UN ban?

Is this really the worst blunder in USA history? I still am not convinced.
Pakistan's Musharraf made quite a turn around when we invaded Afghanistan - at significant risk to his own life, no less. Considering Pakistan's environment, it didn't take a huge intellect to know who'd be the second country invaded if Al-Qaida escaped across the border. Libya has also made some big changes. Invading Aghanistan doesn't solve the problem in itself, but it sure made it seem dangerous to be at the top of the list for harboring terrorists. In other words, Afghanistan was a good start at reducing the risk of terrorism. Continuation along those lines would have been good.

Syria had a much closer association with terrorists than Iraq. Iran's leaders are much more closely associated with Islamic extremist ideology than Hussein was. In fact, Hussein's ideology was almost the opposite of Al-Qaida's. He believed in a secular tyrannical dictatorship. Your Islamic extremist groups believe in a religious tyrannical dictatorship. While some kind of Iraq-terrorist link was possible (like giving them money or offering bounties as long as they stayed past the end of a ten-foot pole), it was highly unlikely that an Islamic extremist group such as Al-Qaida would have been allowed to set up shop in Iraq when Shiite groups were causing Hussein problems.

There is one valid reason for invading Iraq and it has very little to do with terrorism. I see Iraq under Hussein as somewhat similar to Yugoslavia under Tito. Both countries were being held together only through the oppression of a dictator. The world tolerated Tito because of the fear of what would happen after him. Those fears came true.

The world would have tolerated Hussein until his death, hoping one of his sons could maintain control. How long the Iraq problem could have been pushed into the future is unknown. Eventually, a post-Hussein Iraq would be a problem that had to be dealt with. Waiting for the problem to occur would have brought in a much stronger coalition than the one the US took in by forcing matters and, more importantly, would have allowed us to concentrate on problems that are a higher priority right now.

P.S. - Your arguments are always good, Artman. At least, I have to think about yours awhile.

P.P.S. - Where did JohnDubya go? I don't think I could consider any of his posts intelligent, but it still bothers me that he hasn't been around for awhile. Not that I'd admit to actually missing him.

I like Michael Moore's comments:

http://www.michaelmoore.com/words/message/index.php?messageDate=2004-09-22[/B] [Broken]

He ends with:
"I know you hate the words "flip" and "flop," so I won't use them both on you. In fact, I'll use just one: Flop. That is what you are. A huge, colossal flop. The war is a flop, your advisors and the "intelligence" they gave you is a flop, and now we are all a flop to the rest of the world. Flop. Flop. Flop.

And you have the audacity to criticize John Kerry with what you call the "many positions" he has taken on Iraq. By my count, he has taken only one: He believed you. That was his position. You told him and the rest of congress that Saddam had WMDs. So he -- and the vast majority of Americans, even those who didn't vote for you -- believed you. You see, Americans, like John Kerry, want to live in a country where they can believe their president.

That was the one, single position John Kerry took. He didn't support the war, he supported YOU. And YOU let him and this great country down. And that is why tens of millions can't wait to get to the polls on Election Day -- to remove a major, catastrophic flop from our dear, beloved White House -- to stop all the flipping you and your men have done, flipping us and the rest of the world off.

We can't take another minute of it.

Yours,

Michael Moore"

And now the Republicans ask Prosecutors to Arrest Michael Moore.
:yuck:
http://www.michaelmoore.com/words/message/index.php?messageDate=2004-10-06 [Broken].

Last edited by a moderator:
try again

He ends with:
"I know you hate the words "flip" and "flop," so I won't use them both on you. In fact, I'll use just one: Flop. That is what you are. A huge, colossal flop. The war is a flop, your advisors and the "intelligence" they gave you is a flop, and now we are all a flop to the rest of the world. Flop. Flop. Flop.

And you have the audacity to criticize John Kerry with what you call the "many positions" he has taken on Iraq. By my count, he has taken only one: He believed you. That was his position. You told him and the rest of congress that Saddam had WMDs. So he -- and the vast majority of Americans, even those who didn't vote for you -- believed you. You see, Americans, like John Kerry, want to live in a country where they can believe their president.

That was the one, single position John Kerry took. He didn't support the war, he supported YOU. And YOU let him and this great country down. And that is why tens of millions can't wait to get to the polls on Election Day -- to remove a major, catastrophic flop from our dear, beloved White House -- to stop all the flipping you and your men have done, flipping us and the rest of the world off.

We can't take another minute of it.

Yours,

Michael Moore"

And now the Republicans ask Prosecutors to Arrest Michael Moore.
:yuck:
http://www.michaelmoore.com/words/message/index.php?messageDate=2004-10-06 [Broken].

Last edited by a moderator:
Ivan, what was done in IRAQ was no blunder, it was purposeful and rode on the emotions of the american people. It was obvious to me before he even began his smirking crusade, his purpose and his intent. I am certain of this. He will be held accountable. 200 billion it's only money right, but enough money to begin the ball rolling to what the world must do if it is to survive. Instead we will buy new arms. He wanted to completely emtpy the old stock pile so we could buy newer weapons. Well done. Well done. In the end america will pay dearly for his injustice. The dam fool. I do have one question? How many of you were on that band wagon after 9/11? How many?

TENYEARS said:
Ivan, what was done in IRAQ was no blunder, it was purposeful and rode on the emotions of the american people. It was obvious to me before he even began his smirking crusade, his purpose and his intent. I am certain of this. He will be held accountable. 200 billion it's only money right, but enough money to begin the ball rolling to what the world must do if it is to survive. Instead we will buy new arms. He wanted to completely emtpy the old stock pile so we could buy newer weapons. Well done. Well done. In the end america will pay dearly for his injustice. The dam fool. I do have one question? How many of you were on that band wagon after 9/11? How many?

bandwagon?

if it were a Bush supporter giving incentives to vote, better believe the likes of Moore would be howling and demanding justice. Moore should know better, slippery slope and all that.

How many! How many were tooting your horn before 9/11!
what is a bandwagon anyway? a wagon with a band? er...

Kat, I like the avatar. 9/11 has more meaning to me than potentially any human in existence. On that day I achieved certainty. Certainty is an experience beyond the popular rush, beyond convinced, beyond thought, beyond reason. It's a place a truth is born. Like the woods of maine.

<h2>1. What is the main argument of "Bush: The Greatest Blunder in US History"?</h2><p>The main argument of "Bush: The Greatest Blunder in US History" is that former President George W. Bush made numerous mistakes during his time in office that had significant negative impacts on the United States and the world.</p><h2>2. What evidence is presented to support this argument?</h2><p>The book presents a range of evidence, including statistics, quotes from government officials and experts, and analysis of policies and decisions made by the Bush administration. It also includes first-hand accounts from individuals who were directly affected by these decisions.</p><h2>3. How does the book address counterarguments or opposing viewpoints?</h2><p>The book acknowledges and addresses counterarguments and opposing viewpoints by presenting them and then providing evidence and analysis to refute them. It also includes perspectives from both sides of the political spectrum to provide a balanced view.</p><h2>4. Who is the target audience for this book?</h2><p>The target audience for this book is likely those who are interested in politics, history, and current events. It may also appeal to those who are critical of the Bush administration and want to learn more about its impact.</p><h2>5. What are some key takeaways from "Bush: The Greatest Blunder in US History"?</h2><p>Some key takeaways from the book include the devastating consequences of the Iraq War, the mishandling of Hurricane Katrina, the economic recession, and the erosion of civil liberties. It also highlights the importance of responsible and informed decision-making by leaders in positions of power.</p>

1. What is the main argument of "Bush: The Greatest Blunder in US History"?

The main argument of "Bush: The Greatest Blunder in US History" is that former President George W. Bush made numerous mistakes during his time in office that had significant negative impacts on the United States and the world.

2. What evidence is presented to support this argument?

The book presents a range of evidence, including statistics, quotes from government officials and experts, and analysis of policies and decisions made by the Bush administration. It also includes first-hand accounts from individuals who were directly affected by these decisions.

3. How does the book address counterarguments or opposing viewpoints?

The book acknowledges and addresses counterarguments and opposing viewpoints by presenting them and then providing evidence and analysis to refute them. It also includes perspectives from both sides of the political spectrum to provide a balanced view.

4. Who is the target audience for this book?

The target audience for this book is likely those who are interested in politics, history, and current events. It may also appeal to those who are critical of the Bush administration and want to learn more about its impact.

5. What are some key takeaways from "Bush: The Greatest Blunder in US History"?

Some key takeaways from the book include the devastating consequences of the Iraq War, the mishandling of Hurricane Katrina, the economic recession, and the erosion of civil liberties. It also highlights the importance of responsible and informed decision-making by leaders in positions of power.