Bush: The Greatest Blunder in US History

• History
  • Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
  • Tags
    History
In summary, the long-awaited CIA report on Iraq's weapons of mass destruction programs confirms that Saddam Hussein did not possess stockpiles of weapons at the time of the U.S. invasion in March 2003. This raises questions about the justification for the war and leads to the conclusion that the invasion of Iraq is the greatest blunder in foreign policy in US history. However, some argue that this conclusion may be premature if democracy is successfully established in Iraq. There is also criticism towards those who blindly supported the war and now try to shift the blame to others. There is also a discussion about the impact of the war on troop morale and the need for transparency and honesty in decision-making. Overall, the conversation highlights the divisive and controversial nature of
TENYEARS said:
Kat, I like the avatar. 9/11 has more meaning to me than potentially any human in existence. On that day I achieved certainty. Certainty is an experience beyond the popular rush, beyond convinced, beyond thought, beyond reason. It's a place a truth is born. Like the woods of maine.

When I read your post I experienced enlightenment, for it was deeper than anything I have read before. Suddenly all the the synapeses of my brain began to fire, my eyes dilated, and my soul became alive. For TENYEARS, when I read your post I was free. Like the hill country of Texas.

Science news on Phys.org
Oh lord...

kat said:
Oh lord...
Kat, I like your avatar. Join us on our ride to existentialism. The events of 9/11 fire deep into the metaphysical and beyond...to the great bandwagon of truth!

The american stockpile of weapons has been emptied?

Okay here are the latest excuses for the invasion. It would be interesting to see how many post war reasons are given that were never mentioned before the war:

He was gaming the system
He was amassing a fortune

--C. Rice 10/10/04

In the last debate Bush complained:
He would still be living in a palace

Sure, this wasn't personal. Was Saddam's occupation of a palace a reason for the war? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
BobG said:
P.S. - Your arguments are always good, Artman. At least, I have to think about yours awhile.

P.P.S. - Where did JohnDubya go? I don't think I could consider any of his posts intelligent, but it still bothers me that he hasn't been around for awhile. Not that I'd admit to actually missing him.
Thanks. I was just thinking your posts are very thought provoking. I like JohnDubya's posts as well.

kat said:
How many! How many were tooting your horn before 9/11!
what is a bandwagon anyway? a wagon with a band? er...
Bandwagon effect, economic term. Followers of new products.

Bandwagon, the followers of anything which the masses follow even if it be off of cliffs. The popular belief of the day. Much like the majority of most forum members. Fish in bowls. When will you break out of your bowls? You don't even know you are in bowls, but the walls acknowleged quite well. Swim on fish and circle your bowls.

TENYEARS said:
Bandwagon, the followers of anything which the masses follow even if it be off of cliffs. The popular belief of the day. Much like the majority of most forum members. Fish in bowls. When will you break out of your bowls? You don't even know you are in bowls, but the walls acknowleged quite well. Swim on fish and circle your bowls.

I have entered a debate with yoda...

I tell you once, and once again : there ain't no place for sarcasm in these forums.

Gokul43201 said:
I tell you once, and once again : there ain't no place for sarcasm in these forums.

There's no place for ridiculous imagery instead of actual debate...errr, swim gokul!