1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Business Calculus or Finite Mathematics

1. Jul 17, 2010 #1
    I'm at university, majoring in Economics. After university I'd like to get a job either on the international side of things or working doing something like bond rating, all on the macro level. I have plans to take actual calculus, but am currently forced to take one of the two, and am just trying to figure out which would be the best choice.

Course Descriptions
    Finite Mathematics
    This course is intended for students in business, economics, or social and life sciences with applications from these fields. Topics covered include vectors, determinants, matrices, systems of inequalities, linear programming, simplex method, logic and Boolean algebra, sets and counting, probability theory, stochastic processes, Markov processes and the mathematics of finance

Business Calculus
    This course presents an elementary treatment of topics from differential and integral calculus. It is intended primarily for students in the fields of business and social science
  2. jcsd
  3. Jul 19, 2010 #2
    Take the first course, trust me on this. Take actual calculus when you get to it.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook