Busted at the Fair: Buy Slushy Magic

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Magic
In summary, an older lady was arguing with a demonstration man about a salt water smoothy product that didn't work and they eventually left. Later a new crowd arrived and were captivated by the product.
Last week I went to my state's fair and one of my favorite places is the expo center. It's shop full of "made for tv" products. I've always been suspicious of the products being presented, but for the first time I witnessed a booth getting busted! I forget the exact name of the product, something like "Magic Smoothie", but it was being sold as an easy way to make a smoothie. Essentially they were just selling cube sized packets that you throw in the freezer. The packets contained a solution that was mostly salt water. For anyone with a high school chemistry education the problem becomes immediately clear. The vast majority of home freezers can't freeze salt water. However their demonstrations worked! While I was there an older lady stormed the demonstration and demanded a refund claiming the product didn't work. The man on stage basically just told her she did it wrong. After a few minutes of arguing the demonstrators wife let slip that the freezer they use on stage is medical grade. After that slip the demonstrator got very heated and basically told the lady to get lost, in front of everyone lol. We left as well, but came back 30min later and a new crowd was around and stupidly captivated. Like they never lost a step.

The website is buyslushymagic.com

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org

Oh yeah - anything involving a "balance test" :)

Salt water smoothy? Doesn't sound like it tastes good anyway :tongue:

Ryan_m_b said:
Salt water smoothy? Doesn't sound like it tastes good anyway :tongue:

I forgot to mention you fill a glass up with juice, drop a few packets in (they stay sealed) and then the juice becomes a slush :)

My dad pointed out a couple of "energy saving or generating" ones at a show.

Basically their "ultra efficient" wind turbine for the top of your house roof wouldn't even power a couple of light bulbs at full capacity and would have taken approximately 300 years to pay for itself.

1. What is "Busted at the Fair: Buy Slushy Magic"?

"Busted at the Fair: Buy Slushy Magic" is a science experiment kit that allows you to make your own slushy drinks using a special cup and ice cubes.

2. How does "Busted at the Fair: Buy Slushy Magic" work?

The kit uses a process called supercooling, where the liquid inside the cup is cooled below its freezing point without turning into ice. When you add the special ice cubes, the liquid instantly freezes and turns into a slushy drink.

3. Is "Busted at the Fair: Buy Slushy Magic" safe for children to use?

Yes, the kit is safe for children to use with adult supervision. The special cup and ice cubes are made from non-toxic materials and do not require any harmful chemicals to create the slushy drink.

4. Can I reuse the "Busted at the Fair: Buy Slushy Magic" kit?

Yes, the kit can be reused multiple times. The special cup and ice cubes can be washed and refrozen to make more slushy drinks. The kit also comes with additional recipes and ideas for different types of slushy drinks.

5. Are there any limitations to using "Busted at the Fair: Buy Slushy Magic"?

The kit works best when the room temperature is below 70 degrees Fahrenheit. It is also important to follow the instructions carefully and not overfill the cup with liquid, as this can affect the slushy-making process. Additionally, the kit may not work with certain types of liquids, such as those with a high sugar content.

Back