How long to discharge a 60 Ah car battery with all lights on?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Procrastinate
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
Procrastinate
Messages
155
Reaction score
0
The headlights on a car operate typically at 60 W and the parking lights
typically at 5 W. Assuming there are two main headlights and four parking lights,
what length of time will it take to discharge a 60 Ah battery, if the
lights are left on?


I'm trying to practice my problem solving skills, but I'm just a bit suck here. Could someone please offer me a hint? No solutions of course.


Would I add the the power of all the lights together?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Yes power adds.
You also need to know the current taken by the lights, (P=IV)
And the typical voltage of a car battery.