Calculate Probability of Losing 5, 10, 20 Times in a Row

  • Level: High School 
  • Thread starter Thread starter R.Clearwater
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Probability
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
R.Clearwater
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Probability help...

If i have a standard 80% chance of wining and 20% chance of losing
than what is the chance of me losing 5 times in a row 10 times in a row
and 20 times in a row.

I would be very grateful if someone can show me how to calculate this on my own.

Thanks

I am trying to figure out the maximum number of divination in the losing direction
so occurrences 500.
 
Physics news on Phys.org


Since your chance of losing is .2, the chances of losing k times in a row (assuming independence of the trials) is .2k.

Your last sentence has typos - I can't understand it.