Calculate projectile velocity shooting from a trebuchet?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 3K views
KhaiMinhVN
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hello, I'm designing a hanging counterweight trebuchet for my physics project. I'm wondering if there is any way I can calculate the velocity of the projectile when it is released? (It's shot using a sling attached to the arm)

Thanks
 
Physics news on Phys.org
KhaiMinhVN said:
Hello, I'm designing a hanging counterweight trebuchet for my physics project. I'm wondering if there is any way I can calculate the velocity of the projectile when it is released? (It's shot using a sling attached to the arm)

Thanks
Welcome to the PF. :smile:

I've moved your thread to the schoolwork forums. You need to show us some effort in your school project. What are the Relevant Equations for this type of calculation? How would you go about setting up the equations that will result in the final launch velocity of the object? Also, can you show us a sketch of your device, with dimensions and weights?