Calculating Area of Curve in 2m Deep Water

  • Thread starter Thread starter netuser_uk20
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Area Curve Water
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
netuser_uk20
Messages
1
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement



here's a picture of the problem

http://i39.tinypic.com/28u017m.jpg

I am trying to workout the area of the section of the curve submerged in 2 m deep water.


This is not a homework. I am studying for my exam.. so i am just doing a bunch of different problems.

Homework Equations





The Attempt at a Solution



I know I have to calculate the angle of the curve submerged first in order to workout the area.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I think you're making this more complicated than it really is. You can figure out the angle of the arc portion submerged in the water, then use basic geometry (i.e. sector area = angle (in rads) * .5 * radius^2), to get the area.