Calculating Current in a Coil: 50 Turns, 4.0 cm Diameter, R = 0.50

  • Thread starter Thread starter j88k
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Coil Current
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 3K views
j88k
Messages
27
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement



http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/1843/picture7j.png

Homework Equations



for values 50 turn, 4.0 cm diameter, R = 0.50, surrounding 2.0 cm diameter, 20cm long, 200 turns, 60Hz through I_sol=(0.50A) sin(2πft) the solution would be:

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/6412/picture2xwo.png
http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/7338/picture3cce.png

The Attempt at a Solution



tried it a couple of times and I couldn't get a correct answer. Please help!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Isn't the point what are your numbers?

I'm not thinking the solution of another problem is going to need much help.
 
LowlyPion said:
Isn't the point what are your numbers?

I'm not thinking the solution of another problem is going to need much help.

I'm not catching your point. I posted the solution to the same question but with different values to make it easier for people to determine the final answer to my values. If you can help then I'll be glad, if not then please ignore this thread. Thank you.
 
the question is going to expire in a few hours please help!