Joza Messages 139 Reaction score 0 Thread starter Jun 10, 2007 #1 How to calculate the probability of withdrawing 3 discs A B C from a bag, in any particular order? I just need the basic idea behind it
How to calculate the probability of withdrawing 3 discs A B C from a bag, in any particular order? I just need the basic idea behind it
mathman Science Advisor Homework Helper Messages 8,130 Reaction score 575 Jun 10, 2007 #2 I assume there are no other discs in the bag. In that case, withdrawing the right disc first is 1/3. I will assume you keep it out. Then choosing the right second disc is 1/2. Therefore the overall probability is 1/6.
I assume there are no other discs in the bag. In that case, withdrawing the right disc first is 1/3. I will assume you keep it out. Then choosing the right second disc is 1/2. Therefore the overall probability is 1/6.