Calculating the vol. of hydrogen needed to hydrogenate under certain conditions

  • Thread starter Thread starter chemconfusion
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Conditions Hydrogen
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 4K views
chemconfusion
Messages
1
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement

Calculate the volume of H2 required to completely hydrogenate 50 grams of glycerol trioleate at 1 atm pressure and 25 degrees celsius. The ideal gas constant is 0.082.



Homework Equations

I am unsure if I need the Ideal Gas Equation or not. I know that the ideal gas constant is 0.082 and that there are .057 moles of glycerol trioleate that need to be hydrogenized.



The Attempt at a Solution

I am at a loss at where to start. I am not necessarily looking for an answer, but guidance as to how to go about this.
 
Physics news on Phys.org